RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one installed? I've been having some issues their support cant seem to figure out. Had one in my previous P38 with no problems. C

I can't get audio to play unless the green connector is removed next to CD connector on radio but then I only get low volume.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Which audio systems in BOTH your P38s? We have no ide what either rig are so can not even begin to guess where you are at.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
OK, which Grom have you got?
Curious as I had no issues with the simple USB version on the 02 in Hawaii, I am thinking about getting a BT version for the Borrego, and doing a relay to select between CD and Grom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Grom-USB3. USB and two serial ports. I believe I had the same version before as I had USB and BT working fine on my previous P38. I don't remember removing the green connector which I assume is part of the navigation.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The green plug is DSP information between head and DSP amp.
I have the Grom BT-3 in my system, with the C-RVR connector plugged into the head where the blue CD stacker used to go. Works faultlessly.
You say that your USB version used to work fine on "USB and BT" on your old car, so you must have an additional BT dongle plugged into your Grom? Have you tried the system without that dongle on the new one to see what happens?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The green plug is DSP information between head and DSP amp.
I have the Grom BT-3 in my system, with the C-RVR connector plugged into the head where the blue CD stacker used to go. Works faultlessly.
You say that your USB version used to work fine on "USB and BT" on your old car, so you must have an additional BT dongle plugged into your Grom? Have you tried the system without that dongle on the new one to see what happens?
Maybe I have too much plugged in - I have the USB, the BT dongle in Serial port 1 and an AUX feed going to Sirius in port 2. I'll play around with it today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I have too much plugged in - I have the USB, the BT dongle in Serial port 1 and an AUX feed going to Sirius in port 2. I'll play around with it today.
Edited to mention the version I have (USB3) does not have the built in BT like the BT3. You need the plug-in dongle to get BT.

I had the USB via iPod working for a second yesterday so I'm close.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Maybe all of the different inputs are "fighting" each other? Tried installing the Grom system alone first and getting the different inputs set up one at a time?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got it to work with USB and AUX. For whatever reason hooking all three ports (USB and both serial AUX and BT) made everything not work. I sacrificed BT for the AUX as I hooked up Sirius.

IMG_5656.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts