RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think i got the idea from the sport grill but not really sure, decided to drill a few holes in the grill and give it a shot of paint to mean it up a bit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: grill mod

got any pics from a little further away with it mounted? it's pretty cool. subtle...

·
Registered
922 Posts

you have too much time on your hands :doh: :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts

what color exactly did you paint it? otherwise, i really dig it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I used a textured black but it comes out more like graphite. It was kinda a dull gray that didnt really match anything.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts

I like the color you used. And your rig is infinitely cleaner than mine. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
what spacing (inches) did you go between holes? I was seriously considering buying one off ebay, but like it was said... LOT of money for some holes...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did a similar job on mine.

Bit of patience on the marking out and drilling, some decent paint, job's a good un :thumb:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cornishman-

What did you use to paint your bumpers? It looks smooth, while my standard black bumpers have a texture to them. Did you sand them down? I like the bumpers, the grill is OK.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
spikemd said:
Cornishman-

What did you use to paint your bumpers? It looks smooth, while my standard black bumpers have a texture to them. Did you sand them down? I like the bumpers, the grill is OK.
Factory colour coded, that's why it looks so good in comparison to my effort :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

I´m thinking to do this too..

You measure and drill one by one or do you used another method? I´m asking because I´m thinking to get 1 of those steel sheet with holes to put over the grille and than drill the holes through the steel sheet, this way I hope to do a clean job and the holes will all be symmetric...

Regards,

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I was setting up a network at a local engineering company and saw some stainless strap rods (I think they called them) which were drilled for lightness.
They measured 15mm wide and 3 metres long. The holes were already drilled at about the right spacing, bonus!
I managed to convince them to cut me a 1 metre length!!
Perfect for marking out the grill :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Would the next person to do this please use a center punch so that your holes aren't all over the place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts