RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice that the rear oval Land Rover badge is gone on the 2010 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport? Is it to further separate them from the D4 and Freelander? Or is it a $10 saving on the car manufacturing cost?

·
Registered
75 Posts
adara said:
Did anyone notice that the rear oval Land Rover badge is gone on the 2010 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport? Is it to further separate them from the D4 and Freelander? Or is it a $10 saving on the car manufacturing cost?

Not only is the badge gone, but for the 2010 RR and RRS, the "Land Rover" badge, wherever used, will be black. No longer will there be a differentiation between the HSE and Supercharged models in that respect. Neither will there be a difference in the mesh grills. So essentially, besides the brakes, exhaust tips and engine, there will be no exterior differences between the HSE and Supercharged RR and RRS.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
972 Posts
The rear badging has been gone since they first revealed the vehicle back in April; the LR marketing guy actually mentioned it. Pic I took It seems the Autobiography will still get badged(which I think is the only one that matters now anyway), I guess we'll have to wait and see once the real production models start showing up locally.

And with regard to other differentiation, in the Arabic-language video review posted here: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33046, they show vehicles with both the new three finger side-vents and also show some with the 2007-era vertical 3 bar vents. Not sure if these were just pre-release testers or not you can see it starting around the 1:55 mark.

The vehicle they showed us on the reveal night was a bit of a hybrid(their words), with Supercharged trim including the sill plate, but no badging and a normally aspirated engine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fact that they went through all this cosmetic changes and didn't change the windshield wipers with flat blades puzzles me...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can't. The part where it locks is thinner than the wiper therefore we're stuck with LR wipers...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts