Range Rovers Forum banner

Great News! My 2023 Range Rover ATB LWB in BRITISH RACING GREEN IS BUILT!

23K views 201 replies 36 participants last post by  rheiniger 
p440e is offered only in ATB, which is what I am ordering. Therefore, does it mean that I would get meridian 3d and noise cancellation? Is noise cancellation even offered with without the meridian 3d?
The US P440e does not come in any trim other than a base SE - not ATB. Thus, its does not come with the upgraded 3D, and likely wouldn't be able to get it as it's contained, as is the the model altogether. I do not think the base Meridian audio or SE trim (P400/P400e) has any noise cancellation. I may be wrong, if any, it's very minimal. Regardless, a P400e is going to be quiet in most cases to begin with.

Not ideal, but not really unusual to say the least. Even my dealer on P400 SWB models was requiring a $2k dealer add-on package for some b.s. stuff. I thought it was reasonable considering how may stories there are out there about market adjustments of much higher amounts. So $4k on a $200K+ model doesn't seem all that bad. I get the dealer couldn't get what you wanted and you stepped in to ultimately get what you wanted. Good for you and lucky you. I am envious, as I ultimately did not get some of the things I wanted.

In the end, you car is about to be in your hands. It's a relatively small amount. I say move on and enjoy your ride you fought so hard to get. Hold the dealer responsible for quality ongoing service and any repair issues that arise on your new ride. Hopefully you will not have any, like I and other have had.

They also know my car is going to be very desired. Ill pay the $4000 but it feels like a hostage situation and I hate that. They were no help. They didn't go to bat for me. They had my order the day the car was released in October of 2021. They wouldn't call corporate to ask for a waiver for me. I had to do all the leg work - and I didn't mind - I learned a lot about the process. Don't want to sound like a whiny snot here.

Just feels like a hostage situation.

Good news at least on the finance side - Dealer quoted 7.5% interest rate (my credit score is 840).

I found on Penfed - 60 months at 5%. So I may go with that if I don't just wire the money.

In case anyone is financing - Pen Fed seems to be a very good rate compared to banks.
If you're not paying cash and want to finance, also check out CDC Federal Credit Union. Up to 60 months only 3.75%.

For some reason I recall I tried to do that but was told you had to be a federal employee or something like that. (Or maybe that was a municipal credit union? I don't remember.

View attachment 308372
I'm not a federal employee. Try calling them and asking how else you quality. It may be as easy have depositing $25 in a savings account. I did that many years ago with a Tesla when they (CDC) were offering 0.9%. That was a no brainer.

Before I get too excited: Are you any of the things in the link? List of employers etc. that may have qualified you? Doesnt have to be a CDC employer.

I called them to ask and unfortunately, other than the list they have, you would have to be a resident of Fulton County. Sorry :(

HAH!

So I've been driving it now each day - except for that one instant - knock on wood - I've not experienced the wind noise, or any rattles.

The cover in the "trunk" area does make noise - but that is normal. It's not bolted down - and if you hit bumps - the roller sitting on the rails will naturally come into contact with the walls.

I do smell an electricity smell - but it's not ridiculous - or offensive. The smell of the leather is overwhelming (in a good way).

I do find that if I am in back of a school bus - with my circulator set to "on" - I still smell his fumes. Don't know what that's about. Something I may bring up during first service.

I don't really have complaints - I'm not looking to complain - but I'm also taking into consideration everything I've read on here.

I don't hear break hissing - I don't hear clicking.

I may set the deployable steps to NOT come out because getting in and out isn't really an issue. Especially since the car goes into entry mode each time It is parked. I don't find myself needing the step.

Need to figure out a few things.

1) How to move the passenger front seat forward from the screen. I see you have the ability to put it into the mode where the back seat can recline and stretch out - but if I wanted to just move it forward a few inches - need to figure that out.
2) Need to connect our office gate to the car's buttons on the rearview mirror.

For now - that's really all. I only put 150 miles on it though - I doubt that qualifies as a week of driving to many of us - but just to and from work.

It's very fast - very responsive - very smooth - very quiet. I love the sound system - I hear it in my ears coming from the head rests - lovely.

More as I drive it more! Will give a more complete review.
Glad you are relatively pleased with the new ride! I've come to realize that nothing will be perfect and to take some oddities in stride (as much as possible). I am glad to hear you do not have the wind noise issue. That is huge, you have no idea! I wonder what is/could be different on your car than so many others that have this noticeable issue. It give me hope there is a fix, but I like others, aren't sure the source or what the fix would be :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.