2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Diesel option for 2016

Just saw this as well, here's the official news release:

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us/land-rover/news/2015/1/2015_lr_diesel/

This could push me into the new RRS; tried the SCV6 and was not that impressed, and though I could always stay with the V8 the diesel will be very appealing. You could argue it is better suited for the more relaxed full size RR but reviews of this engine in the L494 are very positive as well.

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: All hail the diesel in the US

Gas is cheaper than diesel now, at least in CA. The fuel economy advantage is no longer an advantage. But the torque will keep some happy.

-ThinkMac-
700 mile range is an advantage, and higher residuals for most diesels are as well...

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts

Gas is cheaper than diesel now, at least in CA. The fuel economy advantage is no longer an advantage. But the torque will keep some happy.

-ThinkMac-
Gas will go back up, everyone knows this, CNN is already reporting it will be back up to $80+/barrel by spring.

you know this guy is going to pay off people to get the oil back up after he's lost billions in 3 months: http://www.businessinsider.com/harold-hamm-loses-billions-of-dollars-2014-12

Diesel is the way to go, less maintenance than gas engines, diesel engines last longer, cleaner for the environment ( they claim 30-38% cleaner emissions than a gas engine with DEF system) , 700+ miles to a tank of fuel, compared to the 350-375 I get now, Diesel fuel is faster and less expensive to produce, and endless power. I have a co-worker with a 12 BMW X5 35d, he pulls 750-825 miles per tank, for someone like me that does 75K+++ a year that is significant savings and fuel and maintenance costs.

I may have to hold onto mine longer and just order a diesel ! I've been bugging LR New England Rep for years about this almost every time I see him. So happy to see this !!

·
Registered
732 Posts

Holy moly, 75k/year. You win.
Def go diesel.
Maybe even the diesel hybrid if that ever makes it to the US.

-ThinkMac-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts