RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classic LSE '93. It's had a soft fault for about 18 months, never been too much of a prob as it goes down overnight (due to a slightly leaky spring - now replaced) and it would always just go up to standard height whatever you did with the buttons.
I've been rebuilding the engine (when time allows) for the past 3 months.
Engine now all back together and running pretty well.

BUT after the rebuild the EAS won't do anything. Had the diagnostics professionally read (on it's bumpstops) and he couldn't get electronic access to the ECU to clear the faults as it was right down. I've jumpered the plug as described on rangerovers.net repairs pages and it is up to the about the proper height.

Now downloaded the the EAS unlock software and made the cable, got communication, got the FFs in the RX buffer, can control the pump, read heights etc. Reads faults and shows only one "1 : F8:2 hidden". F8=2, F9 =0, FA = 0, FB =0, FC =0. When I press 'unlock EAS' nothing happens.

Any ideas/suggestions?

TIA - Alastair

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Re: Got the software , made the cable, doesn't seem to unlock

Have you tried the "EAS Disable" switch under the drivers seat?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Got the software , made the cable, doesn't seem to unlock

Do you mean switch it to disable? I can control the height of the individual corners using the up & down buttons in the program, so I'm assuming that the switch is in the right position ie not disabled.

A

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got it to work! - I think it was a comms problem as the 5 pin connector required to connect to the ECU is no longer available - looked all over, auto electrical distibutors all 'sucked their teeth' and so I had to lash it together with some rubber sleeving, but once properly connected the prog works beautifully!. All recalibrated and working properly after 18months.

Thanks Storey for your excellent work.

Alastair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts