RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you all know that I got rid of the Range over the weekend and want to thank all of you for your help and advice over the past year.

It was a great car but I started to encounter a couple issues that I did not want to deal with anymore.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Just curious, what did you replace it with?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm strongly considering the same move. I've had the truck 1 year and it's been in the shop 5 times. Just not sure what I want to replace it with. I've stopped driving it in fear of something else going wrong. I'm driving my Escalade now. I may replace the RR with a Corvette. The RR was my dream truck. I lived the dream. Time to move on and dream another dream...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I traded it in for a 2010 Lexus GS 350. The RR was a fun car for the time I had it but was getting to expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
300 Posts
what issues were you having? i am trying to sell my truck now too...already replaced both front air bags... :oops:

·
Registered
121 Posts
808Range said:
I traded it in for a 2010 Lexus GS 350. The RR was a fun car for the time I had it but was getting to expensive to maintain.
you bought a Toyota? An appliance on wheels with some extra wood and leather, that sums it up. I would have bought a german or british luxury car. Lexus are for chics.

·
Registered
623 Posts
07CARRERA said:
808Range said:
you bought a Toyota? An appliance on wheels with some extra wood and leather, that sums it up. I would have bought a german or british luxury car. Lexus are for chics.
Not sure about Lexus being for chics??? I see a lot of guys driving them. Maybe he was just looking for something more reliable. I think the JD Powers figures just came out recently and the '07 RR's scored towards the bottom of the list, fwiw, who knows. Can't remember where the Lexus fell. Sorry to hear about your problems and selling. I had an '04 w/ more than a few problems and bought a new RR HSE in '08. Had so many problems, sold it after a year. None the less, I have not been able to find anything that rides like the RR. Good luck w/ the new ride!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LR1 said:
07CARRERA said:
808Range said:
Not sure about Lexus being for chics??? I see a lot of guys driving them. Maybe he was just looking for something more reliable. I think the JD Powers figures just came out recently and the '07 RR's scored towards the bottom of the list, fwiw, who knows. Can't remember where the Lexus fell. Sorry to hear about your problems and selling. I had an '04 w/ more than a few problems and bought a new RR HSE in '08. Had so many problems, sold it after a year. None the less, I have not been able to find anything that rides like the RR. Good luck w/ the new ride!
Appreciate that LR1. To each his own I guess. I was looking for something more reliable and luxurious at the same time.

07Carrera, you would have bought a British luxury car? Don't you mean Indian owned money pit?

The problems I started to encounter was a leaking radiator, kept getting transmission error messages, when taking an exit with a curve and braking at the same time, the RR would have a rattling feel on the front where the weight of the momentum would go and on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good luck with the lexus. I think you will miss some soul but gain reliability. Lexus never really excited me, rather too clinical.

I would lose so much on my RR if I decided to sell that I think ill keep it to the very end. The answer would be to find another daily driver to reduce the running costs and repairs on the Rover, but hang onto it for those longer journeys with the family and hauling stuff. After all, I thoroughly enjoy every journey in my Rover, its just the amount of major repair needed for such a low mileage car that annoys me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm just givin you a hard time :wink:

I was trying to be as rough as some of the other guys are on this site :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sold Mine too in the shop to much but loved the ride.maybe ill see if the 2010's come down next year or porsche panamara or a domestic suv,boat combo

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Congrstulations!

This forum makes me think of a support group for addicts, and you actually kicked the habit! That is if you don't fall off the wagon.

I don't think I'll buy another German vehicle, except maybe an Audi.
If I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten a Ford F-150 or Explorer. Just as capable for my use, and infinitly more reliable. And with the F-150 much more utility. AND better gas mileage! I could go on forever with the pros of one of those, and I'm sure many other no-muss-no-fuss high production vehicles rolling off the lines this year.

Congratulations :clap:

·
Registered
249 Posts
03rangiemark said:
Congrstulations!

This forum makes me think of a support group for addicts, and you actually kicked the habit! That is if you don't fall off the wagon.

I don't think I'll buy another German vehicle, except maybe an Audi.
If I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten a Ford F-150 or Explorer. Just as capable for my use, and infinitly more reliable. And with the F-150 much more utility. AND better gas mileage! I could go on forever with the pros of one of those, and I'm sure many other no-muss-no-fuss high production vehicles rolling off the lines this year.

Congratulations :clap:
A ford f150! while they are good trucks.... lets not compare it to a range rover. I got rid of a 06 last fall, it was falling apart.

Had to replace every front end suspension part as they wear very quickly.
Front 4x4 locking hubs rotted and 4x4 was no longer working ( they use very cheap metal that corrodes very easily ) .
The 4x4 system uses a pathetic vacuum system to lock the hubs.... did I say PATHETIC
cant go in water deeper then the hub or you risk damaging the cheap 4x4 hubs that are not sealed well
cheap rust proofing on frame ( nice rusty orange after only a few years, gross)
Camshaft phasers knocking loudly

ect.... ect..... I could go on and on also about why not to own one . I do like them but they are not even in the same universe as a RR.

Driving a f150 at 85mph is starting to get scary, I just touched 120mph with my RR the other day going to work and it felt VERY solid.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
herman maire said:
A ford f150! while they are good trucks.... lets not compare it to a range rover. I got rid of a 06 last fall, it was falling apart.

Had to replace every front end suspension part as they wear very quickly.
Front 4x4 locking hubs rotted and 4x4 was no longer working ( they use very cheap metal that corrodes very easily ) .
The 4x4 system uses a pathetic vacuum system to lock the hubs.... did I say PATHETIC
cant go in water deeper then the hub or you risk damaging the cheap 4x4 hubs that are not sealed well
cheap rust proofing on frame ( nice rusty orange after only a few years, gross)
Camshaft phasers knocking loudly

ect.... ect..... I could go on and on also about why not to own one . I do like them but they are not even in the same universe as a RR.

Driving a f150 at 85mph is starting to get scary, I just touched 120mph with my RR the other day going to work and it felt VERY solid.
I just wrote a large bit in repspionse to this, but because this forum seemns to lock out after 5 minuytes, it was trashed.
Basically, all off the faiklures yiou jhad with

Noisey VANOS on you F-150? You haven't heard of that on a range rover?

4x4 actuator on a rover? Non-existant. My '92 explorer one is working fine after 18 years.

Your front suspension "wore out" on your F-150? You probably used it a lot.
My and most '03 - '05 Rovers had the front differential repalced, the cost of which would eclipse the price of an entire F-150 suspension. You can replace Ford suspension bushings with VERY durable polypropylene aftermarket ones that work great after the OEMs wear out. Did you know that RR air suspension wears regularly, and is relativekly VERY expensive?

I don't live in Canada. No corrosive anti-snow stuff on my roads.
for my use, that wouldn't be a problem, now is frequently driving through deep water.

Many posts will testify that if you want to talk about things falling apart, you're certainly on the right forum!

We all like our Rnage Rovers. It's just hard for me to remember why sometimnes.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
herman maire said:
[.... lets not compare it to a range rover...
On this I agree 100%. Any pickup truck is a complete;ly different vehicle than any Land rover, especially a range Rover. I did not compare the two, but noted that for my particular use, other vehicles provide more potential utility and better reliability.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sorry to lose you.

I understand Lexus (I have two) but don't understand the GS. I would have thought LS or LX.

07CARRERA, a toyota. You are so right, it really is exactly the same (LOL). Just like the Range Rover is exactly like the LR2 or the Tata Indigo. I love it when people make these comparisons with cars in the same line up as a cheaper brand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
luxury1 said:
Sorry to lose you.

I understand Lexus (I have two) but don't understand the GS. I would have thought LS or LX.

07CARRERA, a toyota. You are so right, it really is exactly the same (LOL). Just like the Range Rover is exactly like the LR2 or the Tata Indigo. I love it when people make these comparisons with cars in the same line up as a cheaper brand.
the Range Rover is nowhere near anything like the LR2 or Tata. Not yet anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts