RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2015 Autobiography this weekend.

Things I love compared to the prior model: the handling is significantly better, improved acceleration, the TFT screen is fantastic, traffic sign detection is cool because you know the speed limit at all times if a cop is behind you, I find the seats to be more comfortable, all the technology improvements (ie, blind spot monitoring, navigation directions pop up on the TFT), I know that some people don't care for the parking aides but I actually like them, and I got adaptive cruise control on this model and really love that feature. I love all the light that is let in by the giant sun roof. And love that new car smell...

Things I miss compared to the prior model: much less storage options in the front seat area (no second glove box, that little ledge above the top glove box is gone--perfect for glasses), I hate that the rear seats don't fold completely flat, the trunk area seems smaller but haven't measured it to confirm, when listening to the satellite radio when you switched to the 2nd or 3rd page/menus of pre-set channels in the old model it would not switch your song off but it does in the new model, and I also think the controls for the front heat seating were much more practical on the old model-->In the new model I think it is annoying/distracting for the driver or passenger to bring down the navigation screen to warm up/adjust the heated seats and I think that for front seat passenger the seat heating functions are not intuitive whatsoever. For me, the navigation maps were easier to read on the old model but I probably have to play around with them a bit more. I am also still getting used to the looks of the new model. I do like the looks of the new model, but aesthetically to me the lines are more homogenized with other SUVs out there--hence all the references to the Ford Explorer on the forum. I do miss some of those distinguishing boxy/sharp edges of the old model. But the looks are growing on me.

Overall though, I do love the new ride and am enjoying it. Here are a few pics....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Looks great. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an almost identical fuji white ATB - slightly different interior. However, I agree about the fold flat rear seats - would love to have had that. As regards adaptive cruise - just buy it! I'm in San jose this week but I drove 650 miles, 18.9 mpg and averaged 74mph due to the adaptive cruise. The journey was so stress free it was unbelievable!!!

I also have the parking/driver assist and you are right that knowing the indicated limit helps a lot. That said my radar detector also tells me (Passport Ma. 2 & Bluetooth to iphone). That said I'm very happy with that option too.

The adaptive cruise should be mandatory though. Simply superb.

·
Registered
437 Posts
In regards to the seats folding flat....

My seats fold pretty flat when locked down. Are you pushing down on the seat back when folded until the seat locks? If you don't push down until they 'click' locked, they will stay elevated slightly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
In regards to the seats folding flat....

My seats fold pretty flat when locked down. Are you pushing down on the seat back when folded until the seat locks? If you don't push down until they 'click' locked, they will stay elevated slightly.
Even when they're locked down (which takes considerable force) they still have a slight incline (like 3-5 degrees). Most of us compare it with the old RRS which folded perfectly flat. I do miss that for sure.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Even when they're locked down (which takes considerable force) they still have a slight incline (like 3-5 degrees). Most of us compare it with the old RRS which folded perfectly flat. I do miss that for sure.
Ahh... I came from a convertible... so these are "flat" for me `). It's all relative I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts