RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got back from Lynnwood, WA dealer

and got few jobs done (3500 worth of works) under warranty.

DVD player is replaced, Rear window (part of defrost wasn't working) and Sunroof glass with seal was replaced.. (it was leaking)

and.. Driver's side memory module is also replaced...

they rebalanced tires, they said they used special tool but I don't know for sure what it is...

they confirmed that the vibration is no longer there, but I haven't really had time to drive highway.

I was Very happy with their service and I couldn't believe they have done all these works within a day

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
baccocafe said:
So, I got back from Lynnwood, WA dealer

and got few jobs done (3500 worth of works) under warranty.

DVD player is replaced, Rear window (part of defrost wasn't working) and Sunroof glass with seal was replaced.. (it was leaking)

and.. Driver's side memory module is also replaced...

they rebalanced tires, they said they used special tool but I don't know for sure what it is...

they confirmed that the vibration is no longer there, but I haven't really had time to drive highway.

I was Very happy with their service and I couldn't believe they have done all these works within a day
:think: :?:

baccocafe said:
I have had very very bad experience with Lynnwood Land Rover/Jaguar (A.K.A Land Rover Seattle), WA

I don't know about their sales department but service department was terrible and very unprofessional.

I brought my car in to check few electric bugs and vibration before my warranty expires.

I made appointment ahead (so it wasn't walk in). and went there bit earlier than my appt time.

I went to service desk, and young guy was sitting behind the computer and says what can I help you..

and I said I made appointment and would like to drop off my car, and he give me a piece of paper to fill out.

and meanwhile, I asked him if they offer any loaner or shuttle service. and they do offer rent car for extra cost ( they had in house enterprise )

and my house which is 7 minutes away is too far to give a shuttle ride.. (I was like wtf..)

they make this place look like a luxurious customer base dealer and don't even have a loaner car nor shuttle service for 7 minute ride.

and told him I have a vibration above 50mph and few electric issue (parking sensor, side mirror not retreating after Reverse and 12v)

and he said hold on so he can talk to his service manager... and I was like for what?!

Service manage came in and I explained the situation and first thing he said was if it's your fault, we won't cover it under warranty.

and I said what could be my fault? and also I said I hear 2006 RRS had some problem with steering rack, and he said he never heard nor replaced one.

For the test drive, he will have to charge me to pay his mechanic for his time and so if the cause is my fault.. which really sounds like a BS.

and as far as 12 v lighter plug, if it is shorted because penny or any coin got dropped, we won't cover and so on..

All he talks about was what will not cover and which case won't cover it...

I had Porsche, Mb and AUDI before and this is far the worst dealer and service I ever had.

I wonder if they explain to customer what will not covered when they are buying a vehicle...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
Check out the dealership feedback thread above, apparently his dealer read our forum :shock: :shock: :shock: and did a 180.
Very nice...sorry I did not read the thread further down...I just remembered the original post. Nice going!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Honestly I think most dealers would be much nicer and more accomodating if the majority of their customers were like us. But think of how many of those dopey, old, or just plain ignorant people they have to deal with on a day to day basis...you know the 'typical Range Rover owner'. I go in there with service bulletins in hand, possible causes, exact descriptions of any issues and make their lives 10x easier. I know not everyone is like that or should expect to be, but a little goes a long way. I can only imagine some of these people and their stupid questions they ask. Probably 19 out of 20 customers are NOT like us.

If you do you're homework, and go in there with a reasonable mindset, there should rarely ever be a problem. Nor should you ever get taken for work that doesn't need to be done. The Internet has shifted alot of power back into the hands of consumers but you can only lead a horse to water.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, but also, I am Asian, and I do look fairly young ( I think )...

so may be they thought I am one of those young teenager... ( I am not a teenager... More like a father of a daughter.. old)

: ) anyway... I am happy for their new service.. :clap:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
Honestly I think most dealers would be much nicer and more accomodating if the majority of their customers were like us. But think of how many of those dopey, old, or just plain ignorant people they have to deal with on a day to day basis...you know the 'typical Range Rover owner'. I go in there with service bulletins in hand, possible causes, exact descriptions of any issues and make their lives 10x easier. I know not everyone is like that or should expect to be, but a little goes a long way. I can only imagine some of these people and their stupid questions they ask. Probably 19 out of 20 customers are NOT like us.

If you do you're homework, and go in there with a reasonable mindset, there should rarely ever be a problem. Nor should you ever get taken for work that doesn't need to be done. The Internet has shifted alot of power back into the hands of consumers but you can only lead a horse to water.
I too am exactly like this... I go in there with my TSB and all ready to give it to them. But I sometimes worry that its a fine line between trying to be as helpful as possible, and pissing them off and telling them how to do their job. :?:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Yeah, you have to quickly figure out and finesse the SA standing before you prior to whipping out TSBs and other "insider" papers, some of them sort-of like it, some thank you for doing the legwork on their behalf, but quite a few really take it personally and things go downhill from there. Reposting a link to Edmunds that someone else found a few days ago, as it contains sound advice on the delicate art of dealing with a service advisor at your dealership... :wink: : http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/mainte ... ticle.html

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
Yeah, you have to quickly figure out and finesse the SA standing before you prior to whipping out TSBs and other "insider" papers, some of them sort-of like it, some thank you for doing the legwork on their behalf, but quite a few really take it personally and things go downhill from there. Reposting a link to Edmunds that someone else found a few days ago, as it contains sound advice on the delicate art of dealing with a service advisor at your dealership... :wink: : http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/mainte ... ticle.html
Thanks Umberto, but no mention of bringing in a fresh brewed cup of Kopi Luwak and a small box of biscotti to the SA in that whole article? I'm appalled. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know...I call BS on the content of the original post, as opposed to thinking that the dealer read the post and did a 180.

I go to the Lynnwood ("Seattle") Service Department as well and they are great. They are the only dealer I've used...but their management has turned over a few times so that provides my basis for comparison. They've got their act together right now.

I work about 12 minutes from the dealership (In Mukilteo) and I get a ride from their shuttle all the time...so I have to question the credibility of the original post.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Maybe Bacco got a little jittery being his first date with the dealer and all, went into self-defeat mode right from the gate.
Seems like he recovered nicely though and has gone out of his way to give proper credit, so kudos to him. :clap:

And Goose, thank you for all the detective work, I will watch my own contradictions from post to post. :thumb:

I swore I would never use those **** smiles and look at me..... I'm losing it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HoumWA said:
I don't know...I call BS on the content of the original post, as opposed to thinking that the dealer read the post and did a 180.

I go to the Lynnwood ("Seattle") Service Department as well and they are great. They are the only dealer I've used...but their management has turned over a few times so that provides my basis for comparison. They've got their act together right now.

I work about 12 minutes from the dealership (In Mukilteo) and I get a ride from their shuttle all the time...so I have to question the credibility of the original post.
If you want to call it a BS, than do it. I am not worried about it..... I was just trying to express my experience to make myself feel better :dance:

Anyway, manager said he had misunderstanding with me and he took care of it, and it's done deal!! and that was all I need

9johnson ready my post and called the manager and he read it...

Manager said they have new employee who hasn't trained well yet and he is still training him..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since the cat's out of the bag...... I did call the manager of Lynnwood/Seattle Land Rover regarding baccocafe's post because I'm planning on purchasing a new RRS next week from this same dealership, and I was concerned about their customer service. The new manager read baccocafe's post and righted a misunderstanding. I haven't even purchased a vehicle from them yet and the manager went out of his way to read the post and call me to reassure me that Baccocafe was taken care of. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

·
Registered
670 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
umbertob said:
Thanks Umberto, but no mention of bringing in a fresh brewed cup of Kopi Luwak and a small box of biscotti to the SA in that whole article? I'm appalled. :D

****! Goose you went deeeeep (Kopi Luwak) on that one, took me a couple of reads. Love it! Love it! don't go changin' brotha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, regardless of how it went down...I'm glad everyone is happy.

Like I said, I'm happy with the service dept there and I hope the culture doesn't change.

You (Seattle) guys ever get your Sports off the pavement?

·
Registered
670 Posts
9johnson said:
Since the cat's out of the bag...... I did call the manager of Lynnwood/Seattle Land Rover regarding baccocafe's post because I'm planning on purchasing a new RRS next week from this same dealership, and I was concerned about their customer service. The new manager read baccocafe's post and righted a misunderstanding. I haven't even purchased a vehicle from them yet and the manager went out of his way to read the post and call me to reassure me that Baccocafe was taken care of. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Wow, great move, :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
318 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
Ukraine Range said:

I too am exactly like this... I go in there with my TSB and all ready to give it to them. But I sometimes worry that its a fine line between trying to be as helpful as possible, and pissing them off and telling them how to do their job. :?:
It's all about your approach. I've developed a good relationship with both my SA's just talking about stuff and coming across as someone who's into their RRS without being a know it all. Also, be sensitive to them if you can clearly see that the service department is busy (it often is!). As much as I hate to bullsh*t someone and engage in small talk, this is one of the few times where it's very beneficial. Even now I still bring my TSB's but present it as just a supplemental piece of information. I tell him that they must have tons of cars to look at and figure out, and that's why I bring the TSB/research in to them, because anything I can do to make their life easier I will.

Bottom line is if you come across correctly, and don't start telling them how to fix it, then NO service advisor/tech in the world is going to get pissed at you for making their life easier. To boot, I write in a 72 font on a piece of paper DO NOT WASH and leave it on the seat and dash. I am their ideal customer, and I think secretly they would admit to that.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
I am their ideal customer, and I think secretly they would admit to that.
I can certainly see how this would be true.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
MIAMIRRS said:
[quote="Ukraine Range":27f8bxza]Honestly I think most dealers would be much nicer and more accomodating if the majority of their customers were like us. But think of how many of those dopey, old, or just plain ignorant people they have to deal with on a day to day basis...you know the 'typical Range Rover owner'. I go in there with service bulletins in hand, possible causes, exact descriptions of any issues and make their lives 10x easier. I know not everyone is like that or should expect to be, but a little goes a long way. I can only imagine some of these people and their stupid questions they ask. Probably 19 out of 20 customers are NOT like us.

It's all about your approach. I've developed a good relationship with both my SA's just talking about stuff and coming across as someone who's into their RRS without being a know it all. Also, be sensitive to them if you can clearly see that the service department is busy (it often is!). As much as I hate to bullsh*t someone and engage in small talk, this is one of the few times where it's very beneficial. Even now I still bring my TSB's but present it as just a supplemental piece of information. I tell him that they must have tons of cars to look at and figure out, and that's why I bring the TSB/research in to them, because anything I can do to make their life easier I will.

Bottom line is if you come across correctly, and don't start telling them how to fix it, then NO service advisor/tech in the world is going to get pissed at you for making their life easier. To boot, I write in a 72 font on a piece of paper DO NOT WASH and leave it on the seat and dash. I am their ideal customer, and I think secretly they would admit to that.[/quote:27f8bxza]

I agree 100%, ultimately, the point is to get your car fixed in as few visits as possible.
The only thing I would add to UK's suggestion is to do it with a smile. It blows my mind the attitude some people walk up to the counter with. Long sour faces, imagine being an SA and looking at those day in day out.
By the time I belly up with a honest good morning to all and a smile, you can feel the relief in the room.
Short lived of course as I proceed to go on and on about my squeaky seat, undercarriage clunking and bluetooth hassles :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts