Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got Firestone Destination MTs in 215 85 on stock wheels. Highly recommended -- best tires ever for anything but sand floatation (they go for china). Minimal rub under max articulation (planning a 1" body lift).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Vogue said:
I would only fit larger diameter if I was using my vehicle solely off road.
The 215/85 did make the handling a little squirrelly when I had 2" lift springs. My first drive was on 2"lift springs and the tires had 55lbs pressure -- was white-knuckle on the freeway. But I went to "original" (pre-air) soft springs (which I think give the best off-road performance anyway). With stock height and proper (low) pressure, no problem.

Here's a size calculator: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp (I had to hit "calculator" to get it to load right). On my rover, 215/85 made the speedo more accurate than it was before.

I think rovers were designed for narrow tires, and soft springs for that matter. But it's okay with me if others don't. (oh god, am I doing tire wars and springs wars, all in one post?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.