RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in the Outer Banks. We can drive anywhere we want around the area without any faults popping up. However, when we leave on the main road to the mainland, the Suspension Fault message will come on as we pass one of two places. No changes to the ride, the info screen shows all green, and it goes away once we restart the car. Everything is fine until we pass one of the two spots and then the light comes back on. I am thinking some electronic noise in the area might be causing this? I have no clue. We can go for weeks and no faults, and then get four in one trip (two up and two back)
I am going to have my codes read by my indy, but I am open to suggestions from the crew here.

·
Registered
724 Posts
We live in the Outer Banks. We can drive anywhere we want around the area without any faults popping up. However, when we leave on the main road to the mainland, the Suspension Fault message will come on as we pass one of two places. No changes to the ride, the info screen shows all green, and it goes away once we restart the car. Everything is fine until we pass one of the two spots and then the light comes back on. I am thinking some electronic noise in the area might be causing this? I have no clue. We can go for weeks and no faults, and then get four in one trip (two up and two back)
I am going to have my codes read by my indy, but I am open to suggestions from the crew here.
A reliably appearing code can be due to one of two ways:

1.) Some suspension codes “at startup” don’t actually appear for about 25-30 seconds.

2.) Actual conditions at these points initiating the fault: i.e. road/load and compressor either can’t fill or can’t exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A reliably appearing code can be due to one of two ways:

1.) Some suspension codes “at startup” don’t actually appear for about 25-30 seconds.

2.) Actual conditions at these points initiating the fault: i.e. road/load and compressor either can’t fill or can’t exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. It is very strange that it only happens on this road. it is straight and flat (coastal highway) so I can't see what road conditions trigger it, but I will try it again today and really look. Are these codes stored or are the transient?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts