RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to goose's 2 hour tune up guide, I got my hands dirty last weekend and got to work. I performed an oil service, cleaned the throttle body due to a rough idling issue, and did everything in the 2 hour tune-up minus replacing the PCV. In addition I got a differential service done at my local indy for $260 which I figured wasn't bad considering the dealer quoted me nearly that much for fluid alone for an electronic locking diff. As a result of all this, my rough idling issue has been remedied and the truck is running great. I'd just like to thank everyone on the site who contributes all of the information to make it possible for all of us to do our own work. Took a couple pictures along the way so everyone can see the results... not sure of the age of the air filter since I purchased the car @ 63k, but it looked like it should have been replaced a while ago. Thanks again everyone!

Goose's 85k 2 Hour Tune Up 4.4 HSE: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-range-rover-sport-l320/48031-2-hour-tune-up-4-4-hse.html

Vehicle is a 2006 RRS HSE w/dynamic response, @ 80k miles.
Before and afters of the air filter and spark plugs:

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Just a note, the Dynamic Response filter should be replaced at 75k miles, and is often overlooked, especially on the non-SC with DR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a note, the Dynamic Response filter should be replaced at 75k miles, and is often overlooked, especially on the non-SC with DR.
Thanks very much for the tip. Definitely something I will be doing in the near future, and I assume a fluid change should be appropriate as well? This is an unrelated issue, but I am also experiencing an odd noise when cornering coming from what I believe to be the front passenger wheel, I will get a video up within the next day or two to try and show you what I'm talking about. I'm hoping it is just a bad wheel bearing since I am also still getting a high pitch whine while coasting around 20-30 mph. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Glad to hear your rig is running better. That's one dirty looking air filter!

Also, just seeing that reminds me that you may want to check that cabin filter as well (up behind the glove box). It takes 7.5 minutes to change. `)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
In addition I got a differential service done at my local indy for $260 which I figured wasn't bad considering the dealer quoted me nearly that much for fluid alone for an electronic locking diff.
Dealer SA must have been off his meds. The OE rear locker oil is expensive but that's shear highway robbery. Last I checked a qt ran ~$40 and you need two. The front end is ~$20 x 2 so total fluid is ~$120. On a lift those two can be drained and filled in about 1/2 hr so you'll get nicked for an hr labor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear your rig is running better. That's one dirty looking air filter!

Also, just seeing that reminds me that you may want to check that cabin filter as well (up behind the glove box). It takes 7.5 minutes to change. `)
Dealer SA must have been off his meds. The OE rear locker oil is expensive but that's shear highway robbery. Last I checked a qt ran ~$40 and you need two. The front end is ~$20 x 2 so total fluid is ~$120. On a lift those two can be drained and filled in about 1/2 hr so you'll get nicked for an hr labor.
I am not exaggerating here, the guy was quoting me at almost $200 for fluid. He could very well have been off his meds by the look of him, or possibly taking too much. Next time I know I'm doing it on my own and getting the fluid elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts