RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is anyone have this issue? My wife and my iPhone cannot get accurate location inside of 18 RR, I traded in my Porsche which never had this issue, and I also have BMW I8 and still do not have this issue, this only happen in 18 RR....

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Not sure what Porsche or BMW have to do with anything Range Rover related.

There is nothing built into a 405/494 Range Rover of any year that would in any way impede cell reception or cell GPS. I have driven several 405s and after today a third 494. Cell positioning and location services have never been an issue.

I can not imagine this happening in any model of Range Rover given the dependency most people have these days to their cell phones. Perhaps you can give some tech details on what iPhone you are referring to and what version of iWhatever your are running etc. Someone saying they are having issues with iPhones and interfacing with LR software is nothing new. Locational services has never been one of them though.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
It is very likely an iPhone 11.4 problem. It tends to lose GPS for no reason at all, among the tons of other bugs.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Yea I've read lots of complaints just on FB that folks are having many issues with the latest update.

kinda like one iPhone model that dropped calls if you didn;t hold it just right. :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
have you added tint to the window/sun roof? do you also have a problem with poor cell signal reception? ive heard of some tints causing interference

·
Registered
607 Posts
The windshields in the 16, 17, and 18’s interferes with gps reception. I had a 16 and sold it. I tested my phone in a 17 and a 18 it didn’t get a signal. It’s the filaments in the heated windshield. My 13 and the 14 L405 doesn’t have the same heated windshield. My gps google maps works great. If you love your 18 then you need a usb connected gps to your cell phone that the antennae is routed thru the door wiring firewall and then a bypass is downloaded to your phone to ignore the phone gps and use the connected wired gps to accept the signal but the actual gps is located outside the truck. You can’t use Bluetooth gps and Bluetooth phone speaker. The work around is a pain in the butt but if you want google maps then worth it. I added a single din pioneer headunit with XM radio nav traffic in the center dash under the hvac controls. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 18 with a heated windshield and all the functions on our Apple devices work just fine. I’ve put almost 7k on mine in 3 months and often use the navigation on my phone along side the RR navigation. While my rig has a few bugs, this isn’t one of them.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
No surprise at all CMAC. Since heated windscreens came out they have been blamed for every electronic gadget failure imaginable. Since heated windscreens spend most of their time in the off position there is no way for there to be any interference. In the on position they are no different the rear defroster grid in the hatch glass.

I've worked with cars with heated screens back to 1990. There has only been ONE instance where a customer had a random snapping sound in his radio when the windscreen was active. It boiled down to a loose corroded power coupling on the passenger half.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts