RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been/going ? I went on Friday - dressed as Elvis.(Like you do....)
I have to say this is the best show I've ever been to,of any kind.There is just so much going on everywhere,we were there all day and left in the dark when everyone was packing up and still had not even seen one race,too busy looking at a wonderful selection of bikes,cars,planes and beautiful women.for those that dont know visitors are encouraged to wear 40's,50's or 60's dress - it really does make the day.
There is just so much to see,it took us over an hour to make our way through the car park looking at visitors cars,anything from a blower Bentley to a series one Land Rover - not forgetting a very tasty Vincent Black Shadow.
I've been busy marking out a trial today to run tomorrow but as soon as I get a chance I'll put up link to a web album so you can see what a great spectacle it is.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Looks like most people were taking the day very seriously with all the period wear and tweeds. All except you, mate. :naughty: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I DID take the dress seriously,it took nearly 10 secs to fit my wig.....
A day spent listening to and watching Spitfires,Hurricanes and a Mustang flying always goes down well - theres not much that sounds as good as a Rolls Merlin in a steep climb.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice photos - a little bit of a red shoes and legs theme going on in the middle :thumb: :thumb: :lol:

This is one show I really want to get to - will have to make the effort to go next year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts