RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'd like to thank all members on this board for the wealth of knowledge. I've had my 1996 Range Rover 4.6 since 2005 and have managed to maintain most all issues myself as a result of the all powerful search feature. Sadly, it was in a minor accident and rather than repair it I am selling it as is on ebay, item #180424655301 . She's easily repairable and I would hate to see someone use it as a parts car. If anyone is near Long Island and wants to take a look, let me know.
Replacement? I'm seriously thinking about a high mileage MKIII, but I think our P38s are more reliable and predictable.
Well, happy Rovering and goodbye board...
Dr. Sean

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's a bad call. You should fix it. The MKIII is a totally different car altogether. Not nearly as tough.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah it looks fine to me... Just some minor body and paint work, and a replacement headlight are all that is needed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fix it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a similar thing with my Mercedes 124 estate, got swiped on the motorway. Got it home and there it sat for 6 months with both wings damaged + headlight.
For some strange reason I had lost faith/intrest in the old girl but it was not it's fault :|
A guy offerd me £500 for it and the wife said 'it's got to be worth more than that, just FIX IT!! '. So I did...
£299 for two wings pre painted, £55 for a second hand head light, three hours work on my drive = £2000 worth of car :D

Sell it or keep it, you wont go wrong and as you have white paint and not matalic it should be less expensive to do too.

SID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts