RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding the 5.0 NA engine from a 2012 hse sport. Need new crankshaft, pistons, bearings etc. The prices I have seen from the normal sources (Atlantic British etc) are just over the top. Anyone have any good part supplier recommendations

Thx

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
337 Posts
Yes, LRDirect is a good source. Ordered my front struts and all 4 LCA. Arrived in timely manner and well priced even with cost of delivery, etc. I think there is a limit to how much you can buy in 1 day before custom charges being added or possibly the order total. Try to break up the order over a couple of days, see if that will help avoiding customs charges.
I, also, really like to deal with FCPEuro guys but their selection for 2010-2013 RRS is rather limited VS what they offer for 06-09 but due to unique warranty, I use them whenever I can. It is unlikely you'd find a hard core engine components such as crankshaft, rod and main bearings with them but regular maintenance items makes sense to buy.

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport HSE
18 Posts
Yes, LRDirect is a good source. Ordered my front struts and all 4 LCA. Arrived in timely manner and well priced even with cost of delivery, etc. I think there is a limit to how much you can buy in 1 day before custom charges being added or possibly the order total. Try to break up the order over a couple of days, see if that will help avoiding customs charges.
I, also, really like to deal with FCPEuro guys but their selection for 2010-2013 RRS is rather limited VS what they offer for 06-09 but due to unique warranty, I use them whenever I can. It is unlikely you'd find a hard core engine components such as crankshaft, rod and main bearings with them but regular maintenance items makes sense to buy.
I'm about to place an order for struts from LRDirect. Did you buy the OE struts? If yes, did they have a "Made in GB" sticker on it?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi. Yes I did order OE supplier ones but I did not see any labels or markings on them. I just went to take a look, and did not notice any labels on them.

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport HSE
18 Posts
Hi. Yes I did order OE supplier ones but I did not see any labels or markings on them. I just went to take a look, and did not notice any labels on them.
Thanks for taking a look! How many miles have you had on them so far and are they holding up well?

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC 2019 Range Rover
53 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC 2019 Range Rover
53 Posts
Most OEM parts for older RRS there are on sale, 10 to 30% off. It makes sense to me: those old cars are dying. They'd better unload their inventories, particularly for the parts only old cars use. :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have probably 10k on them.
No airleaks. And feels like shock elemnets are ok as well. I need rear ones as I dont think shock in them working well so they affect the ride.
On average car, you can see if shock/strut fail - it usually spew oil that is visible, in RRS, top of the shock absorber is enclosed in airbag, so even if does spew oil - you can see it. The only way to see is when removed and layed on the side, oil starts leaking out of air inlet - that was situation with my front shocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts