RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got word that my dealer will have an allocation for the SVR in May. I am next up on the list and will jump on it. My sales person said that there will be a Oct/Nov delivery. The one thing he was NOT sure of was, which model year the allocation will be for. I have seen SO many articles that say the 2017 SVR will be out early next year. I have not found one article that says expect to see it this year...which is all conjecture and rumor anyway. I am not familiar with the model year cycles for the SVR. It seems those who order the regular RRS in Spring, and take delivery in Fall, are usually getting the following year model. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a big deal, but given the specs for the 2017 SVR, I think it's important enough to ask rather than waiting until I show up to order to find out!

Any insight from you folks would be tremendous!

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I looked at buying a RRS last year the 2016's arrived on the lot late July/August. However they also said Land Rover is unpredictable and they never know and things can change. With that said, I'm the same way as you and hate owning a car just before refresh, but I think the refresh is going to be super minor. If you're worried about power, just remember you can spend about $2k and get a tune on a 2016 SVR that will still spank the new one with the power boost.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,082 Posts
Last year they started taking orders for 2016 in April, so if that holds your May slot should be for a 2017, especially if delivery isn't until the Fall.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
I am in the same boat. Looking at ordering the SVR in May or so. I was just at the West Chester PA dealer getting the LR4 and the RRS inspections done and asked about NEW order updates. He said he should have some info in the late April / May time frame for standard Sports but did say the SV models may be different time frames. He will let me know as soon as he gets any information. My big thing is just getting on the books before 12/31 for taxes. I will advise on any updates I get.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the info. I will update this as soon as I know for sure what is going on. I suspect, as does my sales rep, that it'll be for a 2017. But, with all the articles out there saying the new SVR releases early NEXT year, well it just has me concerned. Anyway, I suppose it's a good problem to have. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
905 Posts
I am in the same boat. Looking at ordering the SVR in May or so. I was just at the West Chester PA dealer getting the LR4 and the RRS inspections done and asked about NEW order updates. He said he should have some info in the late April / May time frame for standard Sports but did say the SV models may be different time frames. He will let me know as soon as he gets any information. My big thing is just getting on the books before 12/31 for taxes. I will advise on any updates I get.
Hmm I might try to get there to take it for a spin before you pick it up. lol

·
Banned
305 Posts
from what i know the updated SVR will be 2018 MY in the USA as part of the entire Sport range update for the same year- including the LED headlights and all new infotainment. also hear that the V6 will have a power bump to about 400 hp and SC bump to 525 hp.

·
Registered
151 Posts
from what i know the updated SVR will be 2018 MY in the USA as part of the entire Sport range update for the same year- including the LED headlights and all new infotainment. also hear that the V6 will have a power bump to about 400 hp and SC bump to 525 hp.
That meshes better with what I've heard. Full Fat Range Rover's getting a minor touch-up for 2017 with the RRS getting it's facelift in MY2018. That SC power bump would also make more sense with the 600hp 2018 SVR talk I've been hearing.

I got my dealer's first 2015 SVR and they're supposed to contact me for their 2017 and 2018 allocations for right of first refusal. If the 2017 isn't getting the new infotainment and power bump I'm passing on it and waiting for their 2018.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone! Got an update from my dealer....and it isn't good. I have been on the waitlist here in California for an SVR for several months now. It was looking like I was up next for an allocation in April/May (NOW), but that was pulled. The dealer said that there are no allocations left in 2016 for any California dealers. That could just be northern California, but either way...I am hosed. And it answers my question..I will definitely be in line for a 2017 sometime next spring.

In the meantime, I guess I will buy my new Super Duty to pull my new boat with cause I will NOT have a new Range Rover...and that makes me sad.

Will update this if I hear anything else.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey everyone! Got an update from my dealer....and it isn't good. I have been on the waitlist here in California for an SVR for several months now. It was looking like I was up next for an allocation in April/May (NOW), but that was pulled. The dealer said that there are no allocations left in 2016 for any California dealers. That could just be northern California, but either way...I am hosed. And it answers my question..I will definitely be in line for a 2017 sometime next spring.

In the meantime, I guess I will buy my new Super Duty to pull my new boat with cause I will NOT have a new Range Rover...and that makes me sad.

why don't you just buy one off of a dealer lot? there are a few at my local dealer (Land Rover Northfield), including one used SVR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

why don't you just buy one off of a dealer lot? there are a few at my local dealer (Land Rover Northfield), including one used SVR.
Ha buy one off the lot? My dealer gets 2 or 3 a year, and the whole state only a few more. They are not just sitting around. You don't see used ones here either. But, if I'm gonna drop $140k on a car, it's gonna be new, optioned and MINE. The used ones, when they come up, still command $100k+, which is crazy to me too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
That white one appears to be gone but I saw a NEW 2015 Estoril Blue one on their web site for a price significantly below MSRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
It's listed as new but has 3,771 miles on it. Must have been the owner's car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was at the dealer today and saw the Estoril Blue SVR. It was a demo unit or something but it looks and feels brand new. It's gonna make someone very happy since it will be a screaming deal. I think they actually got 2 blue ones and they still have the white one also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts