RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys, I'm new to this (the classic) board. I can pick this up for about 1k. Seem like an alright deal? It's a 93', has 100k on the odometer, runs good, needs a power steering pump. I am doubting it is at all difficult to change the pump, however they seem a little hard to track down? DId this year have EAS or was that implemented a little later?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
triplb25 said:
I am doubting it is at all difficult to change the pump, however they seem a little hard to track down?
LOL :oops: I guess not... Didn't check autozone, o'reilly, etc... Before I posted this. I am used to not being able to find parts for my current one.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
For a $1,000 take it, I paid more for my crap pile. I can get you a power steering pump with warranty within 3 days of you buying it. The 93' LWB was the first year of EAS. odds are its been converted already. If not rebuild it with help from Dennis at Rover Renovations, cheaper than coils. Look in the engine make sure it isnt sludged up and make sure the transfer case is shifting too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doc,

Will do. It's located about 2 hours from me, so I am guessing I will be taking a trip with my buddies car trailer. I thought it seemed like a pretty good deal and I'll be sure to check what you mentioned. I have a feeling if I pick it up my wife will "inherit" my P38 :roll:

Either way, these have to be pretty simple to work on (I would imagine?), right? I think you're right about it being converted to coils (just a hunch).

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
triplb25 said:
Thanks Doc,

Will do. It's located about 2 hours from me, so I am guessing I will be taking a trip with my buddies car trailer. I thought it seemed like a pretty good deal and I'll be sure to check what you mentioned. I have a feeling if I pick it up my wife will "inherit" my P38 :roll:

Either way, these have to be pretty simple to work on (I would imagine?), right? I think you're right about it being converted to coils (just a hunch).
Very easy. You can do a headjob in a afternoon and the truck just requires the most basic tools. A fun daily driver ad cheap to mod. Heres a neat thing on the Classic

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30745

Since I wont kiss some crooky vendors rearends a certain mod wont make this a sticky like it should be for new owners and keeps saying he has to verifie it first, guess Rave is getting tricky nowadays to use, or reading what someone else already posted from Rave on there.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40253

·
Registered
269 Posts
If the rust isnt too bad I would pick it up ( check the underside ).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diggaz said:
If the rust isnt too bad I would pick it up ( check the underside ).

Was pretty rusty underneath, decided against it right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts