RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I have made my mind up and gone with BlackBox Solutions (helps keep sponsors happy too).

I got nowhere with getting any usefull info from Bearmach re the Hawkeye and although the BBS is nearly twice the price I know they guys there know their stuff.

Only one gripe...3% credit card sercharge :evil:

Come on guys 3%!!!! If I did that I would not have any customers, Cards are charged to me at between 0.89 to 1.32% so if BBS is being charged 3% I think they should change bank.

£618.99 is a lot of money and some would just cancel an order if they saw a surcharge would be added.

Maybe Colin could explane???

SID.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
SID said:
Only one gripe...3% credit card sercharge :evil:

Come on guys 3%!!!! If I did that I would not have any customers, Cards are charged to me at between 0.89 to 1.32% so if BBS is being charged 3% I think they should change bank.
I think you'll find that Cypriot banks (where BBS are located) charge 3%. At least 3% seems to be common in Cyprus and the Bank of Cyprus charges 2.5-3% depending on the card.

Cypriot banks do charge a lot.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hiya SID
Welcome to the Club

Sorry about those credit card rules etc.
The banks do get a bit fussy about overseas mail order by Internet and i guess if you really think about it from any suppliers point of view, you can understand why.

There are some countries our merchant company will just not accept cards from at all.

The risk is apparently deemed so high we actually get charged 5% and as you can hopefully appreciate, we can't cover that as well as give you a great and ultra good value for money product as it is. So we compromise with you paying 3% and us the remaining 2% which we think is fair. You can of course always avoid the surcharge altogether if you elect to pay by bank transfer, so it really was your choice to save yourself some hassle and speed up the order a bit.

618.99 is indeed a lot of money in some respects.
Compared to the cost of any common generic OBDII scan tool it is many times more expensive, but compared to anything else that offers anything like the degree of coverage and capability our system offers, our system really is actually very inexpensive.
Yea that sounds like the sort of things many company's say these days, and it sounds like you have heard it a bit. :lol:

However can anyone name any other system that, for example, gives over 40 adjustable settings on A P38 BECM, and if so, what does that cost.

So i can but only apologize if at this moment the price might seem a bit and then adding another 3% on top seems a bit much, but please can i ask that you wait until you have it and have used it some before you judge if its worth the money or not. :thumb:
I am quite sure that like the many before you, you will be absolutely amazed and delighted and the cost will soon be something you will no longer remember. :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hope you be more satisfied with it than I'm.

I think there is to many software bugs and information showing wrong information. So at the moment I can use it but I do not trust what settings it tells me the car do have. ex. when reading some settings the bbs msv tells me I have an petrol engine, but I do have an diesel. Other settings it tells me that some functions is disabled but they isn't. (bbs staff says there must be something with the ecu, but I have also done testing with testbook at Land rover dealers and their testing shows the exact data..)

The msv reads fault fine and clear them, so for that purpose it works great. If you do wan't to change some settings in your car I do not trust the settings the msv tells me.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
jope said:

I think there is to many software bugs and information showing wrong information. So at the moment I can use it but I do not trust what settings it tells me the car do have. ex. when reading some settings the bbs msv tells me I have an petrol engine, but I do have an diesel. Other settings it tells me that some functions is disabled but they isn't. (bbs staff says there must be something with the ecu, but I have also done testing with testbook at Land rover dealers and their testing shows the exact data..)

The msv reads fault fine and clear them, so for that purpose it works great. If you do wan't to change some settings in your car I do not trust the settings the msv tells me.
:roll: I feel your pain. My last round of equipment failure with an MSV Extreme (read extreme paperweight) still has not been resolved. The unit kept telling me it was licensed to a rig other than my own. Of course the unit also kept forgetting what the date was and was unable to stay locked onto one license set. So after another trip to Cyprus my unit has decided to stay on the beach for awhile.

I sure hope you don't have to ship the unit back for "repairs". So far I have $1300 tied up in purchase and return shipping. Thanks to poor quality, shody parts used in assembly, miserable customer service, repeated errors and lack of communication I have absolutely nothing to show for that $1300. What is even more frustrating is that during the time periods my unit has been back to BBS I have had to pay local shops for diagnostics and resets that I paid good money to be able to do myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
jope said:

Just read this post right. There are many functions on the msv, it's functions is huge. and as for all other computer related there of course can be some software bugs. They do continous update their software to meet new models and fix bugs in older versioons. Last I've heard now is that stand alone mode is soon to be available for pre 2005 MKIII :clap: :D :D :D

There are no other diagnostic with the same capabilities as the msv for that amount of money.

rrtoadhall I assume you have read at the bbs forum that they have had some problems with the msv-2 extreme. What is happened is a blown fuse. I feel safer when having the msv-2 extreme in my car when travelling.
as said I'm not 100% satisfied, I hope you don't missunderstand.. I'm 95% satisfied, and hopefully as they do sell more for the L322 more bugs fix and new functionality will be added.

For a person that have to pay for the diagnostic equipment their self, there are not any other competitors with the same functionality for that kind of amount.

Unfortunaly the only place to buy it is direct from bbs and the only service place is in cyprus. I would love having a norwegian sales/support firm :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts