RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we started development on our 2" lift kit for the Range Rover. We just completed the fronts and are ready to start on the rears.
This kit just replaces the sensor rods at each wheel.
If there is a lot of interest in this kit, we will make the kit a permanent kit that will be adjustable on the fly to return you to factory height with out removing them and replacing.

We are taking pre-orders now until kit is completed, if you do the pre-order you will be locked into the price and prices will go up after completed R&D

http://www.urbanrovers.com/store/range-rover-l322-lift-p-169.html

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Adjustable on the fly would mean getting under the car and in some way manipulating the length of the links, no?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stevemfr said:
Adjustable on the fly would mean getting under the car and in some way manipulating the length of the links, no?
Not always, as you could use an electric / pnematic piston to extend retract the extra length of the sensor bar.

My guess is though for $100, you ain't getting an elctronically adjustable one :hand:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Yeah, Darrin you gotta give us more info on this.
$100?? Adjustable on the fly?
Give us the 4-1-1 man

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys,
Ok adjustable is just that, the design is not complete, but what we are looking to do is (x) number turns locks in one position and (x) number of turns locks in other position.
So instead of removing the rods, you would only need to turn it to lock it in or out.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
How is there any benefit to this over just putting the Range in off road mode? Off road height is a 2" lift over standard ride height.

Or are you talking an additional 2" over off road height...

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
I guess one difference (not sure if it's a benefit) is unlike off-road mode, which would lower >15mph (or whatever it is), this would be permanent, thereby increasing your rollover risk at high speed, making some plaintiff attorneys very happy.
But if your cruising I guess it could be cool. I"m still trying to understand having to click it up or down as needed. It's almost reminiscent of the days when you had to get out and engage your 4x4

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
drdread said:
I guess one difference (not sure if it's a benefit) is unlike off-road mode, which would lower >15mph (or whatever it is), this would be permanent, thereby increasing your rollover risk at high speed, making some plaintiff attorneys very happy.
But if your cruising I guess it could be cool. I"m still trying to understand having to click it up or down as needed. It's almost reminiscent of the days when you had to get out and engage your 4x4
35mph is when off road height disengages, plenty of MPH to use it effectively... At higher speeds I appreciate the lower center of gravity, especially when highway mode kicks in.

Also don't forget to either leave a door open or pull the juice on the battery so you don't crush yourself when adjusting the sensor rods.

Unless you're adding 2 additional inches of travel ontop of off road height... But then my next question would be, "is that going to break anything?"

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, All great questions.
So why lift the Range Rover an extra 2".

My last trip where I did the Kokopelli trail and Rose Garden hill in a Range Rover, I was with 4 other LR3.
Each LR3 had lifts which gave them the 2".

No when doing a trail such as Rose Garden hill that 2 extra inches is the difference between night and day.

Now with the kit, when you are going off road, you would get out of your Rover and lock in the rods at each wheel. This would raise your Rover 2". So standard height now becomes off road height and off road height now becomes the obstacles clearing height.
Now obstacle clearing height is a height that many of you will never see but what it does is raise you Range Rover and extra 2 inches when it senses that you have bottom out on an obstacle.

So your day off road has come to an end and it is time to hit the highway. Once you leave the trail, it is time to jump out of the Range and lock the rods at each wheel in normal mode thus taking the Range Rover back to it original height. Or you remove the rods and put the original rods back in.

Is this going to break something? Well LR3 and Sports have been running with this lift for a while now and there has been no reports of breakage. Some of these drivers have left the 2” lift in permanently and also did an alignment on them and report no problems.

But we like many others like having a lower stance on the highway so this would not be ideal for ME nor do we recommend anyone do that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
sounds like a great idea. I am one of those that enjoys the factory ride height for daily driving. count me in for a set!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Now that I know it adds an additional 2" of travel I'd love a set... Truck will be a complete beast.

Def post pics of the rods and the ranges lifted stance, sounds very cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts