RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a couple of quotes from different body shops here in the Jefferson County area of Beaumont and I think I will, in January, have the floor boards completely replaced along with the kick panels on both sides of the cab. Then it will be off to get new equipment to have a/c running cold and hot. Maybe will spend around $3500-$4000 for everything. Probably three times what the vehicle is worth but has a great value emotionally to us.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
It's never about blue book. It's about miles of smiles. :thumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Have you thought about learning to weld and doing the work yourself? It's not nearly as difficult as you may imagine, and you'll save a huge amount of money and get a lot of satisfaction.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Danny said:
Have you thought about learning to weld and doing the work yourself? It's not nearly as difficult as you may imagine, and you'll save a huge amount of money and get a lot of satisfaction.
We live with the in-laws right now and have no room for DIY repairs. Once I graduate from college and we have our own place then I will definitely have the man-cave and man-garage to do work in. Right now, paying more money for the better results and faster completion is the better option right now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Turn it into a Dakar............ :roll:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rover4x4 said:
buy another Rover
emotionally attached to this one.....cant get rid of it yet and no place to park another one.....

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought a 92 recently with blown transfer case and other problems for $500. In his book of seciepts I found a bill for replaced floor boards and sills, $3500. It is now two years after repairs, and rust is appearing on the edges of old repairs, among other places. The last car I drove with rust went on the farm for parts, best move I could have made. You can find a beautiful rover for $3500 and have the security of having every spare part on your parts car. It seems to me rust is neverending once it starts.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's what i've had to do, i picked up an 88, and am cutting pannels off that for my rusted 95lse. I tend to think the rust holes I can see will be the easy fix, but as for the rust that'll come out in 3 or 4 years time from the sills etc. I've been told to scrap the 95 too, but am too attatched to it, and they're rare in Oz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts