RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm going to the LRM Newark show and try the off road bit. A first for me and, I think, for this 76k '01 RR. Are there any precautions I should take before I select low gear and get muddy? Also are any of you guys going? maybe we can meet up.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Might be worth checking your transfer box actually shifts into Low ratio before going there. They sometimes don't as they rarely get used.

·
Registered
457 Posts
or worse still starts to change then gets stuck in transfer neutral and you don't go anywhere.......happened to me kuckily I wasn't far from my Indy garage and they came to recover me, the transfer box motor was duff, replaced the motor and the box selected Hi range ok again, still won't move into Lo range tho, looks like my xfer box ecu has also gone, I stick the transmission in 1st gear and drive SLOOOOOW when off road, seems to work ok although Lo box is recommended for steep hill climbs and decents .

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good luck matey

I'll be at the Billing Land Rover show (Superb show). I'm biased though as I have a static there and dont have to worry about the charges tto get in.

I've watched the offroaders at Billing and I think they have 3 routes from Beginners to snorkling!

I WONT be offroading! :naughty: :oops: but happy to watch those that do! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts