RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! Just some background about me, I am a certified car nut, and while I love all makes and models of cars, for the last 20 years or so have been hooked on German and Italian cars. I have always done all my own work, everything from timing belts to engine-out services on a Ferrari or two - I'm not a certified mechanic, just an enthusiast. I have taken our cars to a shop on rare occasions, but I try to avoid that whenever possible

I have driven our 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 for 5 years now. The Audi has the air suspension, tow package, etc....and it has served us well, but the time has come to move on to something else. I am considering two very different vehicles, a 2010 or 2011 Range Rover HSE or a 2008 Maserati Quattroporte. I've owned a Quattrporte and a few other Italian exotics in the past, and understand their quirks. A while back I did take a 2010 RR HSE on a test drive and I was impressed with the smooth power, and overall quality. The Maserati QP is a thrilling drive, but the AC, navigation, and the sound system are nothing to brag about. I didn't really get to spend much time on the RR HSE test drive to explore these features - but can only assume they are significantly better than the Maserati. I would like to know how they would compare to our Audi Q7? I realize our Audi is an older vehicle but it still holds up well.

If anyone has gone from Q7 to the RR HSE, I would really appreciate your views...how do the various systems compare? I've heard that the Harmon-Kardon system may not have the low end bass that the Bose system does? The Audi's navigation system is very intuitive and easy to use, and even though we need an updated CD, it still works very well, how does the RR compare? The Audi's air suspension has had zero issues in 12 years and 120k miles, can I expect this from the RR?

Thank you in advance for your input....I do appreciate it...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts