RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for new tyres. But I've also had a problem with corrosion of my existing 19's causing my tyres to slowly leak down. Even bead sealers stopped working.
I've been offered a good set of 18's with new tyres for a lot less than the 4 tyres alone.
Do you think the 18s look too small on the car? the ride quality may be slightly better so thats a bonus.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Locky said:
Do you think the 18s look too small on the car?
Do you lust after 22" rims all the time? If you do, yes. If you don't, no. :lol:

Seriously, as long as the 18" tires are properly sized to make up for the smaller rim diameter (so that your speedo remains accurate and the wheel arches still look "full"), and you like the look of the 18s you have been offered, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between an 18 and a 19" wheel unless you took a close look. Depending on who you ask, they both look too small, too big, or just right for the car. The extra rubber should make your ride more comfy at the expense perhaps of a little less precise handling (that also depends on the quality of the tires you are getting, though.) Looks are subjective... Only a few short years ago 19" were considered ginormous, almost a joke on a go-anywhere car like the Range Rover. Now you can't get a Range Rover fitted with anything smaller. :think: Do you have photos of outgoing and incoming rims?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a set of 18" UK OEM wheels (bought via ebay UK and shipped stateside), and they look great. I did have them black powder coated, so the look is a bit different. They were kind of dusty.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The 18's are fine. I was a bit of the opposite, I managed to get a set of 20's for a price way cheaper than a set of new 18" tyres.

Regarding the ride quality between different alloy sizes, when your talking about 18,19,20" on a RR, I think the tyre itself makes more of the difference.

for example, I think that my Kuhmo tyres on the 20" rims run softer than the dunlops that were on before, and are just as supple as the 18" setup I had before that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts