RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've been experiencing what may be most quirky LR-ish issue I could have imagined over the past several months: my glove box has been opening of its own accord at random. This happens every so often, and seems to be related to other goings-on in the car (for example, it has occurred when I flashed my highbeams once, and when I turned on the air conditioning another time). It is sporadic, but when it gets going I can hear the electronic unlocking mechanism firing in rapid succession. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
All,

I've been experiencing what may be most quirky LR-ish issue I could have imagined over the past several months: my glove box has been opening of its own accord at random. This happens every so often, and seems to be related to other goings-on in the car (for example, it has occurred when I flashed my highbeams once, and when I turned on the air conditioning another time). It is sporadic, but when it gets going I can hear the electronic unlocking mechanism firing in rapid succession. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks!
It's in your head.... The glove box is NOT electronic it has a mechanical lock you should check it out it probably needs adjusting

·
Registered
238 Posts
The button is electronic even though the actual latch is mechanical.
That's how you can lock it in Valet mode.
Seems like there's some kind of electrical interference causing the electronics to open the latch.

2015.5 HSE SCV6, VelocityAP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When it first started occurring I looked at the diagrams included on British Atlantic to help identify replacement parts. I assumed that, given how far away from the opening mechanism the glove compartment button was (up and to the left, past the airbag on the upper side of the passenger dash), that the button would be electrical, and trigger the mechanical release down by the glove compartment. Also, given that I've heard the opening mechanism fire repeatedly with nothing else going on and the glove compartment already open, I would assume that the button is electric.

Any help here would be amazing! Does it seem like a wiring issue? Would I need to remove the whole glove compartment and button assemblies to fix it? Any ideas on how to correct any potential electrical inference?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry, I got nothing.
If you can make it happen, take a video of it and bring it with you to the service center to have them repair it.

2015.5 HSE SCV6, VelocityAP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts