RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any know of a company that make an insert to make this cooler more useable? My wife keeps it off and just has 4 little Fiji bottles in it. I'm looking for a place to hide some backup also.

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
"more useable" more useable than what? The cooler works quite well as it was designed. If you want something else hten you need to look elsewhere. You are looking for a "place to hide some backup"... back up what? Care to finish a complete thought so we can help you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My cooler doesn't work well so I took the tray out. It's a pretty easy grab, and hides away nicely.

With that being said, it's fitted for my Glock 23 which always dug into me while I was driving (crossbreed supertuck holster). Now that I'm carrying the new G43, it stays on my hip.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cooler doesn't work well so I took the tray out. It's a pretty easy grab, and hides away nicely.

With that being said, it's fitted for my Glock 23 which always dug into me while I was driving (crossbreed supertuck holster). Now that I'm carrying the new G43, it stays on my hip.

Yeah. The cooler works but who needs one.
I've got a SW 380 the lays perfectly flat but I'd like a false bottom so it wouldn't be found easily and maybe just toss the tray out.
I think a suede insert would look good and keep the quiet.

Thanks for the input all.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just hoping there was an after market company that made a replacement insert for theses glove boxes/coolers. I figured I couldn't be the only one that had no use for a tiny fridge in there Range Rover.

A compass would be great as well:-/

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
730 Posts
Why not just order the standard liner from LR that goes in the cubby when there is no fridge fitted. My RRS did not originally have the fridge as standard and when I the fridge goes in the standard liner comes out. When the liner is in place the volume of the cubby is a bit larger than with the fridge in place.

I am glad I live where I am - no real need to worry about guns and do not have the need to carry one - more worried about getting my drinks cold rather than the gun.

Garry

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not just order the standard liner from LR that goes in the cubby when there is no fridge fitted. My RRS did not originally have the fridge as standard and when I the fridge goes in the standard liner comes out. When the liner is in place the volume of the cubby is a bit larger than with the fridge in place.

I am glad I live where I am - no real need to worry about guns and do not have the need to carry one - more worried about getting my drinks cold rather than the gun.

Garry
Great idea. Thanks.

Maybe I'll sell the fridge liner part and buy some ammo and a Cooley cup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts