RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Hey all,

First post here on this awesome forum. I have searched my mind out on this forum and have not been able to resolve my issue. I just bought a 2008 Range Rover Westminster with 58,000km, from British Columbia, Canada (almost zero rust). Anyway, when I first got (had it delivered by train to Toronto, Ontario) none of my windows worked, except for the right-front passenger window. Took it into Land Rover (all paid for by the dealership I purchased the car from) and they managed to fix it after 5-6hrs of working on it ...turned out to need the wire soldered in the a-pillar harness.

The point of my storey. The reason I had to take it into them was a) the windows didn't work and b) I held the remote window roll down to see if the window motors were dead...they weren't and the windows initially rolled down but then wouldn't go back up...so service was required immediately.

ISSUE:
- Windows originally rolled down via remote unlock, global roll down, no matter what procedures I do I can't get this feature to work

WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR:
- So I've done all the procedures I could find.
- Key in position 2
- Roll down window in position 1-down until click is heard, roll up window in position 1-up and continue to hold until click is heard (repeat for all windows using that windows control switch on that door)
- should I do all these windows via the driver's door window panel?
- Also did this to the sunroof, held for 5 sec (open position) close, held 5sec, tilt up (hold for 5 sec)

I've done this procedure multiple times, and I still don't have global roll down. I read on another forum (full fat range rover) that perhaps the option needs to be turned on in the BCU? There are tools out there blackbox solutions which I can use.

Any help would be great.

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a North America 2008 full size supercharged, and the local dealer told me this cannot be programmed to work on this model year. Tried all the tricks (I thought I did anyway, have not seen yours before) and never got it to work.

Dealer was also unable to program lock at speed (doors lock at 15kph).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya well the thing is, it had it before I took it in. That's how my windows got stuck in the down position. So I'm not sure why it doesn't have it now...

Anyone else have a 2008 Westminster out there ...does it work for you?

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts