RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Memory is failing, but it seems when I bought this car (2013 HSE) last year, I was able to close the windows by holding down the locking button on the key. After a hospitalization for bilateral knee replacement, the battery was dead and would not charge with a trickle charger. AAA came out and replaced the battery. Now, the global window closing does not work.

Google searches suggest that the capability was removed for safety reasons. True? Any idea? The global opening works just fine.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Answers. Let me close this up. Global closing is not available on my model using the FOB. My memory returned: I was global closing by pressing the locking button on the door handle.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
No Answers. Let me close this up. Global closing is not available on my model using the FOB. My memory returned: I was global closing by pressing the locking button on the door handle.
Wait.... so if you hold in the door lock button on handle it will close all the windows?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does. . . . . . . . (periods to fill the required number of characters).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Global window close is a feature that is disabled by default due to the possibility that someone's head can get caught while you're closing the windows.

The good news is that this can be re-enabled using the IIDTool. If you're planning on having the rover for awhile, get the IIDTool because it's amazing!!!!!

On my old Audi the FOB would open the windows but not the sunroof. But when closing it would close the windows AND the sunroof. I kinda miss that because of it started to rain I could close everything. Land Rover will only allow you to close the windows.... ☹

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
That makes no sense. Every electric window since the late 70's has it's own anti trap feature that reverses the motor if there is any resistance while lifting. It has been a federal mandate for decades. That is why when a window regulator begins to fail or loose one anchor the glass won;t roll up. As soon as it starts to bind the motor reverses.

Now if you want to see something spectacular check out the early 60's GM products that could snap a broom handle with almost no effort. Hydraulic Mercedes and Packard windows gave even more impressive results with no antitrap features back then. :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts