RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Global Opening of the windows works great on my RRS'14, but I can't get Global Closing to work from either the keyfob or touch sensor on the door handles. The manual suggests that the feature can be enabled/disabled from the Vehicle Setup display, however, all I see is the enable/disable Global Opening - nothing about Closing.

Anyone else able to do Global Closing of the windows/sunroof?

Jason

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
At least on my 2013 LR4, global close cannot be enabled in North America (surely due to some type of potential liability and/or DOT certification issues), although the feature is a user selectable setup option in many other countries. Again referring to my 2013 LR4, neither global open or close appear to operate the sunroof, both opening and closing the four side windows only. It'd be nice of they had added the sunroof to these automated routines on 2014s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing Global Opening works fine because there is little risk of the windows going down, but Global Closing has the possibility of someone being injured so it's not an option in the USA.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yea it seems you're missing the features.

In response to the guy above your comment, the global close does close the roof and the sun shade. I didn't use global open yet.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
In response to the guy above your comment, the global close does close the roof and the sun shade.
It may in your market, but not in others. Many options and features are market dependent and regulated by regional laws.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,545 Posts
I think whether or not global closing is available has to do with the number of lawyers per capita in the particular country.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
LR has a different sense of ergonomics bordering to the impractical to making no sense(put in synonym). like the rear hatch of the RRS where you can open it even if the gear selector is in D but cannot close by pressing the button again unless you close it manually? that must be the most vacuous idea ever.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh, did not even know this.

Makes mental note to remember this.

-ThinkMac-

LR has a different sense of ergonomics bordering to the impractical to making no sense(put in synonym). like the rear hatch of the RRS where you can open it even if the gear selector is in D but cannot close by pressing the button again unless you close it manually? that must be the most vacuous idea ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts