RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members may already know this. I received the following answer from my service advisor on why the global close feature didn't work 14 RRS V8 SC dynamic everything except entertainment. This is the feature in your guides that tells you how to close all windows and sunroof using remote outside car.

Global close is currently not working on any of the new vehicles. An inadvertent change during production has disabled the feature. Engineering is currently working on a fix. I will contact you when a resolution is made.

Regards,

Anyone have this working or hearing same thing??
Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Global close is disabled in North America, while it has been standard feature abroad for several years already (global open is enabled here in the US as well as in other countries.) Regardless of what your SA may be telling you, there is no "fix" coming from LRNA. There may be aftermarket diagnostic programs out there able to modify the Car Configuration File to enable the feature. I know GAP Diagnostic is adding the option to toggle Global Close on/off in an upcoming firmware update of their IIDTool for the outgoing L320 Sport, L322 Range Rover and L319 LR4, for example.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi RmMann!

Do you wondering ? .... in a country where you have to write in the manual that it´s not allowed to put the cat into the microwave .... all because the lawyers can make a millions of Dollars out of each small hurt ? .... so you have to live with that ;-)

Cheers
Gregor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not so sure about Global Close not coming to NA. Other US spec cars have it. Mercedes is one. The NHTSA regulation requires that all openings being closed have a specific level of anti pinch auto reverse. The remote close can only operate within a close distance that requires the operator to pay attention. That is one reason on the RRS you use the lock button on the handle instead of the remote. The Mercedes uses infrared you must point directly at the handle.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Land Rover has included remote Global Close in most of its vehicles since MY2010, except North American ones... Like several other features offered only abroad (Superlock, Dual View touchscreen, Wade Sensing), it's very unlikely that will change in the future, but I guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Land Rover has included remote Global Close in most of its vehicles since MY2010, except North American ones... Like several other features offered only abroad (Superlock, Dual View touchscreen, Wade Sensing), it's very unlikely that will change in the future, but I guess anything is possible.
What's a superlock?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Superlock (aka "double lock"):

DOUBLE LOCKING
Never double lock the vehicle with
people, children, or pets inside. In the
event of an emergency they would be
unable to escape and the emergency
services would be unable to release
them quickly.

Press the lock button on the Smart key twice
within 3 seconds to double lock the vehicle and
activate the full alarm system. The hazard
warning lamps will flash twice to confirm and
a double lock tone will sound..
Double locking secures the vehicle and prevents
the doors being opened from inside or outside
of the vehicle. The doors cannot be unlocked
or opened from inside the vehicle when double
locked.
This provides extra security if the vehicle is left
unattended. The vehicle cannot be opened by
breaking a window and operating the door locks
from inside. Additionally, double locking also
activates the full alarm system. See 13, FULL
ALARM
Note: In this state, an open window or sunroof
will cause the alarm to sound due to the
movement of air currents. For this reason, make
sure that all windows and the sunroof are fully
closed before double locking the vehicle.
Which reminds me, volumetric alarm is another thing we don't get in North America, it's a perimeter alarm only for us. :-?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a service bulletin available now for global lock on TOPIx in NA. Does anyone have access to read these?

ssm68137 2014 Range Rover / Range Rover Sport global close inoperative.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a service bulletin available now for global lock on TOPIx in NA. Does anyone have access to read these?

ssm68137 2014 Range Rover / Range Rover Sport global close inoperative.
I was able to get a look at this service bulletin on TOPIx. It does say that the global close feature not working is due to a production issue and that engineering was working on a fix. The bulletin is applicable to US models, but was last updated in September.

Wondering if anyone with newer deliveries has it working. From outside the car, with windows down, you hold in the lock/unlock button on drivers door to roll all up.

Odd they knew about it in September and continue to produce cars with non-working feature - plus not notifying customers upon delivery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts