RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rovers

Ive had a 2007 RRS since November and I’m very happy with it. There are a few issues I want to address but nothing serious. One issue I have is that glass upper tailgate will not open. I didn’t even know it opened until I spotted the gas struts on the glass on the inside. The button that opens it (I didn’t know it was a button) doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t respond in any way. The main tailgate opens just fine.

Does anyone know of any common issues that it may be? Ive looked for a dedicated fuse in the owners manual but I don’t see one listed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had a similar experience. The button for the upper glass gets corrosion under the rubber. You just need to remove the switch and clean the corrosion out. There's a DIY for it on here but I can't find it atm.

·
Registered
Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged
18 Posts
Mine was the same, when I took the switch out it was like powder inside with corrosion, swapped it out for a new one and all is well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Judge, was it is easy to remove the switch? Can I just pry the rubber cover off and then access the switch? Thanks for the info. I’m going to start shopping for a replacement switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantastic! I’ll pry the rubber assembly out and see if connecting the two wires causes it to trigger the unlock. I don’t know for sure that it’s the switch but we’ll soon find out. Also thought I’d try the trick they showed of pressing and holding the lock and unlock buttons. I’m interested to see if that opens the glass or if it open the whole tailgate. Or maybe it will do absolutely nothing on the RRS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’d haven’t seen one. But my guess is that it would. Look inside; if you see gas struts on the glass then it should open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts