RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... I'm stumped here.

My driver's side carpet is wet, and it's obviously coming from the a/c. I can feel it drip out of the pedal area sometimes. The drain on the driver's side is dry as a bone, and the passenger side works as it should. I have half this dash apart and cannot for the life of me find a loose or missing drain connection. I can see the one that goes into the floor drain, and I've taken it off and blown air through it, and it's not clogged. In fact, it wasn't wet either. So it has to be loose up by the evaporator... Is this even possible? Am I missing something else here? I checked Rave and can't find anything about the drains... I guess if I have to take it apart I will, as it will be a good time to replace the blend motors (that I've had in my garage for two years now).

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... I got it. Apparently I had poked a hole in the drain tube above the floor, and it was leaking there. Oh, and I accidentally ripped out the hose... woops. Scotty? Can you help me out here? :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind again... fixed it with some 3/8" vacuum hose.

Careful with those hangers and long screwdrivers when clearing the drains boys. :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Your crack en me up :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad we could could be of help mag..

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talk to myself all day... and a 7 month old baby, which is essentially talking to myself. This is my medication.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Right on..

·
Registered
193 Posts
kmagnuss said:
I talk to myself all day... and a 7 month old baby, which is essentially talking to myself. This is my medication.

LOL! This place is my medication too. :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
I just squeeze the end of the drain tubes on mine, then get a soaking wet arm...
Never needed to poke it etc though.
Glad you sorted it out Mag!

Martin

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ferret said:
the hole in the tube explains the wet carpet but not the water dripping on the pedals
It happens during high g turns. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here is another one for you to ponder. Be it in high G turns or flat spins, or even stationary, after the rain has tried to wash all the dirt of the car, why does water drip from the a-post and/or the lightfixing above the rearview mirror? That has me stumped for the last 3 years. I've checked the sliding roof tray right after a shower: dry as whatever is very dry. Suggestions anyone, beyond riding around with a oversized umbrella?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine was leaking like yours. No amount of squeezing drain traps or poking wire up worked so I got out an air nozzle and blasted it. I heard something rattling around inside but it cleared it. When I first got my Rangie there were no pollen filters in it, so maybe this caused some slightly larger particles to well and truly clog things up. I found that the water would flow up the duct piping and drip down. Quite annoying, but now it runs out under the vehicle in torrents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts