RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good priest who can do an exorcism on my Rangie?
Every so often the drivers seat decides to alter all its settings as i am driving....scared the crap out of me the first time it happened!!!
the seat rises and lowers and the seat back alters its position,thankfully it hasnt moved forwards or backwards yet!
Am thinking about sprinkling Holy water over the fuse box or driving a silver nail into the ECU.
garlic hanging from the rear view mirror has not detered the unseen visitor.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Contact cleaner and Rave electrical diagrams are the way to go.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
996TURBO said:

Naaaaaaa better idea, buy a model of a P38 and stick pins in it Voodoo style... :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Check the memmory buttons on the side of the seat first. They might be loose. Thankfully the only demon I have is a battery and cruise control one. It just likes power, and after a few days it will drain the whole car lol (everyone keeps asking why I have the hood up and a battery charger on it every time they come over). The cruise control on mine lets me turn it on when it is in a good mood, often times when I need it most the thing won't turn on and vice versa. Thankfully those are the only ones. :pray:

I always tell the rover it did a good job and give it a pat on the hood after each drive. You know, as preventive measure lol. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naaaaaaa better idea, buy a model of a P38 and stick pins in it Voodoo style... :D
Thought that was a good idea, but how do i know it works only on my truck?
I cant be held responsible for seeing some guy in his p38 pulled off the freeway,scratching his head,wondering what the hell is wrong now!

so what do i do? hide them under the seats? or wave them over the truck while walking backwards three times around it?

·
Registered
453 Posts
It could be that the memory buttons on the seat are connecting while you are driving.
Nothing is in near contact with the buttons to the side of the seat?

Contact cleaner on the switches themselves to make sure no dirt is causing them to operate.

Short of that get a few crosses on your dash board and have a priest as the co-pilot

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
Hi Guys....

I don´t remember laughing so much!!
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you talk to your RR in the morning? :?: I do :thumb:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Once you have the seat adjusted to your liking disconnect the switches. This will narrow down if it is a switch issue or a memory module issue. If it adjusts with the switches disconnected disconnect the memory module next. If it doesn't adjust with the switches disconnected give your swiyches a good cleaning and check for loose buttons. If all else fails pray to Lord Lucas.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If all else fails pray to Lord Lucas.
:lol: Then he can send luke skywalker into the lucas death star to kick darthvader out of there! Sorry if that was a bad joke, I had to!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts