RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So long story short I bought my RRS last year with an aftermarket stereo, the hacks that put it in just bypassed the amp and cut up all the fiber optic wires so that the upper nav screen would never work again and the steering wheel controls don't do anything (the cruise control works fine). No surprise there but now I'm planning on putting in a better unit (can't stand cheap Chinese garbage) but I noticed I can't change the options in the instrument cluster. A brief look at the wiring diagram explained why but now I have no idea how I can get the steering wheel buttons to communicate to the instrument cluster again. I can't find any definitive adapters or guides. At this point I'm thinking of splicing the wires from the left steering wheel module and splicing them right into the CAN data lines to see if it works.

My first question is: has anyone dealt with this problem before? Would a PAC ControlPro 2 alleviate my woes? What concerns me the most is that I don't think this diagram is showing me everything, the grey/black wire is labeled GND/Ground and the grey/red wire is labeled SWS 1. I have no idea how this thing actually communicates to the head unit or how it's powered. Could really use some help on this one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was searching the threads today as I’m also in the process of replacing my head unit. I read that there is a part of the old head unit called the ‘IHC’ (hope I’m remembering that right) that, if removed will mess up both steering wheel controls and some parts of the dash info system. It seems to be a separate module that’s on top of the stereo so you can remove the old stereo and keep this module connected.

Hopefully a more experienced member me ever will chime in and confirm this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts