RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Kicking off my first Forum posting. I just recently purchased an '07 RRS SC and I am looking to upgrade the wheels to the the 22" Stormer Replica's. What would people recommend for Tire sizes, the 285/40/22 or 285/35/22? I've heard that the drive comfort is better with the 40's however I am concerned with rubbing. Does anyone have the 40's and any problems?

The wheels I'm looking at have a +50 offset, will that be OK? And lastly, should I buy new TPMS sensors or take the ones off my stock wheels?

Thanks

Kam

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi de Hi Storm trooper and welcome to the show.

Congratulations on your new purchase and just checking which part of the globe and the type of driving you're likely to spend on the majority of the RRS S/C's life cruis'n ? This will effect which rubber recommendation-I or others might suggest or give you !

The wheel offset is OK though the aspect ratio I can agree with you, however it will depend on the air pressures you run as well.

I've driven a FFRR on 22" rims running Yokohama 35 series rubber in the tyre size you mentioned and found they were superb on tarmac, giving additional feedback through the steering wheel without too much degradation in the ride quality considering.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Vinniman, so you're saying the 285/35/22 are the way forward?
I just did the same thing, 22 inch stormer wheels the black paint highlights ($699.00 on ebay) and am putting Nitto 420s 285/35/22 on.
was told this size was the best. Just need to avoid potholes obviously. but i already do that in the 20's i currently have on there.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You can do either. If you don't plan on using the stock wheels anymore, you can ask the tire shop to transfer the TPMS valve sensors on the new rims (carefully, so they don't break them... :wink: ), but if you will be switching between aftermarket and stock wheels often you might be better off buying a new set of sensors for the new 22s instead, they cost about $250 or so for a set of 4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umbertob,

Do you think I can get away with either the 285/35/22 or 285/40/22's? Would you recommend one over the other? And where is the best place to get these sensors?

Thanks

Kam

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
kamsh99 said:
Umbertob,

Do you think I can get away with either the 285/35/22 or 285/40/22's? Would you recommend one over the other? And where is the best place to get these sensors?
I don't know which size is best as I don't run on 20s, just looking at other owners on the forum who seem equally happy with both. All other things being equal the smaller profile tires will handle a smidgen better and your speedo will remain a little more accurate but you may feel road imperfections more, the bigger sidewalls of the 40 profiles will offer more comfort at the expense of less precise handling.

This place sells sensors compatible with the Sport's TPMS system: http://www.bputah.com/RR44/Land_Range_R ... _TPMS.html - but your local LR dealer may not be much more expensive and is worth checking out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts