RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news, but Land Rover have only just caught up with me, and I've owned my 1998 4.6 HSE for quite a while....

So, I got a safety recall notice relating to the P38 from Land Rover today - not bad considering it's a 20 year old car!

It relates to the genuine front winch winch assembly, which requires some dealer alterations due to safety issues.

Work apparently is FOC, although according to my local dealer, there are some concerns regarding new part availability to carry out the changes.

It only relates to the genuine winch, aftermarket units are not covered by the recall.

Note I'm in the UK - not sure if other countries are covered or relevant.

Just thought it might be useful information to anyone with one fitted, might be time to contact your dealer?

Cheers.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,220 Posts
Also interested....

I have factory winch tray which is brand new/never been fitted... and wait for it... managed to acquire a factory winch tray cover!! again brand new in the box...

I haven't yet fitted them to the RR, as I don't think I'll be able to find one of the original Warn winches - and all the newer ones are too high to fit in the tray, but under the cover. Most of them the clearance issue is the free spool lever, so I'm wondering if I can find a way of 'modifying' one to make the winch fit under the cover.

But I'm also interested in what the recall is - especially if any of it is to do with the mounting of it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts