RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have just ordered and received a set of front and rear lamp guards which were described on the website I bought from as genuine. I received good service and the items arrived with no hassle however, they were Travall brand guards and not the Land Rover originals.
Whilst I am annoyed that they aren't right they do seem to be good quality and I am not sure if I should return them or not.
Has anyone had any experience with these who could offer any advice before I send them back?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
Retailers often get confused over the terminology.

Genuine = Land Rover Packaging Original Equipment

OEM = Original Equipment in plain wrap or manufacturer's packaging (not necessarily Land Rover packaging)

After market = Manufacturer has nothing to do with Land Rover other than making a part that fits.

You are right to be upset about being misled, and if you ask for a refund you should be able to get one, however you need to view your options, for example is it good quality, did you get a good price and how much trouble is it to send them back?

Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The company (whom I won't name as they did have very good service and until I hear from them I won't discredit them), had described them as "genuine" which is obviously not correct. They were Travall brand and as far as I can see they appear to be of excellent quality and the price landed in New Zealand was the equivalent to $200 USD which is half of what I can get a similar product here for and probably a third of the cost that Land Rover would charge.
So, I have emailed the company and I hope I like their response as I would like to do further business with them. As I said, their prices and service were great. Sending the OEM instead of Genuine product could just have been a mistake.

I'd be interested to know if anyone out there has had Travall brand products before though and what their thoughts are.

If I do fit them I will post some pics of the procedure as it may interest other members.

Cheers,
Damo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts