RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Congrats. It is a beauty. I have been contemplating moving on to a 12 and up but I can't justify it enough to the wife lol. Did you get a good trade-in value?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats. It is a beauty. I have been contemplating moving on to a 12 and up but I can't justify it enough to the wife lol. Did you get a good trade-in value?
No, my trade was horrific... I had 170k on the l322, the interior was starting to show signs of wear and tear as was the body. Also was heavy rain on the way to the dealer and ofcourse when the dealer did their appraisal and drove the car the dash went xmas tree. I was able to quickly clear the codes, just a quirk, but they were very put off by that. I've been looking for a replacement for a while and sort of let the car go. The headliner was coming away as well so it was just time to move on.

Registered
Congratulations! Beautiful ride, I have had my sales guy keeping an eye out for me to move up from my '12 FFSC. I am conflicted though I have put so much into maintaining her properly and have extended warranty through 96k miles or 2/21 so I am thinking finish paying her off instead of trading in and then add the L405 to garage once I get rid of the current rigs payment. Then I can get continued use of my L322 as the dog/road trip car. At least then I get continued use out of the thing instead of trade in value.

Registered
Welcome to the club! Kind of quiet on the L405 side of the forum.
I have an L322 I'll sell you so you can come hang out with us. We're not the cool kids anymore but we throw the best parties.

Registered
But we have more $ left over every month compared to the L405 gang. Ours are paid for.

Registered
But we have more $ left over every month compared to the L405 gang. Ours are paid for.
Can confirm: a few people gave me a bit of crap about buying 2 MY12s but I like to point out I bought 2 for 1/2 the price of a new L405 or even the same price for a nice used 2014 L405. I paid cash and put what would normally be my car payment into a car account to pay for potential repairs...and a few fun things now and then, like a 2nd MY12. Something is wrong with me.

I would tend to agree with that statement.

Datafoo....The way you keep your rides.....I would buy one of your cars if the need arises in a heart beat.
That's kind of you to say. I feel it's important to take care of our things and I hope whoever buys the MY06 appreciates it as well.

Registered
Can confirm: a few people gave me a bit of crap about buying 2 MY12s but I like to point out I bought 2 for 1/2 the price of a new L405 or even the same price for a nice used 2014 L405. I paid cash and put what would normally be my car payment into a car account to pay for potential repairs...and a few fun things now and then, like a 2nd MY12. Something is wrong with me.

That's kind of you to say. I feel it's important to take care of our things and I hope whoever buys the MY06 appreciates it as well.
And you have 2 AB's with every option

Registered
And you have 2 AB's with every option
I wish. But I'm sure that would be gluttony.

1 MY12 AB with every option. 1 MY12 SC with no RSE or power and cooled rear seats. Both have adaptive cruise, towing pack, climate glass and surround cameras which ended up being my 4 most wanted features.

Can't forget about the MY06. Saw it the other day when a friens drove it back and I had forgotten what a great Rover that is. Going to be sad to see it go to a new owner and I hope whoever that ends up being, they appreciate all the love/hate put into it.

Registered
I wish. But I'm sure that would be gluttony.

1 MY12 AB with every option. 1 MY12 SC with no RSE or power and cooled rear seats. Both have adaptive cruise, towing pack, climate glass and surround cameras which ended up being my 4 most wanted features.

Can't forget about the MY06. Saw it the other day when a friens drove it back and I had forgotten what a great Rover that is. Going to be sad to see it go to a new owner and I hope whoever that ends up being, they appreciate all the love/hate put into it.
Well......if you want another AB...there's a nice one on ebay. Black with the GORGEOUS two-tone red and black interior. It's got your name all over it my friend :).

Registered
Well......if you want another AB...there's a nice one on ebay. Black with the GORGEOUS two-tone red and black interior. It's got your name all over it my friend
Now who's the trouble maker?

Registered
Well......if you want another AB...there's a nice one on ebay. Black with the GORGEOUS two-tone red and black interior. It's got your name all over it my friend :).
I'm just gonna say it now, I have seen the Red/Black IRL and those are the brightest red door panels. Like Lipstick Red if Red wore lipstick. I don't play basketball, I don't have 3 baby mama's, I just couldn't pull it off.

Not gonna lie, currently my favorite is the two tone grey. The dark grey is almost blue. Saw a 2010 AB with that and the Napa leather armrests, smooooother than your favorite scotch.

The SC interior turned out great with the brown, parchment and black piano.

Now who's the trouble maker?
Seriously. I'm done. Have to sell the MY06 so there is one less steed in the stable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts