RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing a little cleaning in the rear seats, I noticed the charging panel under the rear climate controls was "caved in". It was likely accidentally kicked in, but surely this is taught in Design 101: why would you ever have a panel which can be pushed in from the outside without any reasonable access to fix it? I'm guessing this panel is made swappable for the full size outlet option, but nonetheless an awfully stupid implementation.

The only redeeming factor of all this was the relatively easy disassembly and reassembly, along with keeping me entertained for about 45 minutes

IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0562.JPG IMG_0564.JPG

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Not the best design, but glad you were able to avoid a trip to the dealer. Speaking of poorly integrated USB ports, I believe the ports under the center armrest are the source of my CarPlay connectivity issues. When the update was first applied, CarPlay launched regardless of which port my phone was plugged into. At this point, one of the ports works about 90% of the time without crashing the app, while the other is very spotty, often not even supplying a charge to the phone. I've tried numerous USB cables, all of which are "apple certified," but none of them make a difference. Truck is back at the dealer and my hope is that they replace the whole unit as I requested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts