Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
19 Posts
Didn't see much of it yet but what I did see...well, a bit underwhelming. Need to see more of it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just priced out a build and the cost has seriously gone up and I need a 3rd row. I agree its not a huge change from the current generation. Fuel economy sounds much better with the mild hybrid. A bit off topic but any thoughts about the 2023 BMW X7M60i? The split headlights may be an acquired taste.
Sky Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
795 Posts
The front looks unmistakably RRS, but the rear end is just too bland and generic

Just had a look at the UK site: the two base models (SE & SE Dynamic) don't get rear-wheel steering, only Autobiography and First Edition get it.

Interestingly, on the ZA website I can spec a 'Stormer Handling Pack' on any model, even the base one.

This includes:
  • Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Braking
  • All Wheel Steering
  • Configurable Programs
  • Dynamic Air Suspension with Dynamic Response Pro
So the ZA build is very different from the UK one, I can spec a base model with the off-road goodies separately: I'm one step closer to my perfect NEW RANGE ROVER SPORT. See configuration.

No pricing yet, and only the D350 & P510e available on the build site.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Land Rover definitely missed the mark with their design, the new RRS reminds me of a larger Evoque; I was anticipating a great redesign as they did with Vouge.

Guess I’ll splurge and finally get a G-Wagon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
428 Posts
Land Rover definitely missed the mark with their design, the new RRS reminds me of a larger Evoque; I was anticipating a great redesign as they did with Vouge.

Guess I’ll splurge and finally get a G-Wagon.
I agree the styling is not what I was hoping for especially the back end. Rest of it I like. Trust me as a Mercedes tech you do not want a G-Wagon unless you drive it for say a year & sell it for profit. They are awful on a daily basis.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree the styling is not what I was hoping for especially the back end. Rest of it I like. Trust me as a Mercedes tech you do not want a G-Wagon unless you drive it for say a year & sell it for profit. They are awful on a daily basis.
The live axle, body on frame, no air suspension setup makes it off road, but it will lack the RR's refinement on-road

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
987 Posts
I see no reason to change my current gen...don't like the new rear end at all!
Agreed. I had a 2011 RRS and didn't even upgrade that model because the last year lost the split tailgate. My current 2017 is a Diesel and am reluctant to upgrade that.

RR dropped the ball completely. Don't understand why you'd buy the RRS FE starting at £114,990 when a Range Rover SE or HSE is cheaper.
Land Rover has dropped the ball of a few things that almost seem short sighted. Most manufacturers are looking to copy one another or have little differentiation from one another. I think the fullsize RR is the other SUV with a split tailgate at this point. Extremely useful. Nothing like driving with the tail gate up because you need to hang something out the back. I guess they do not think people actually use the utility side.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
987 Posts
I for one can't wait until the manufacturers start integrating the screens into the dash instead of placing them on the dash. It is almost like they all forgot that they wanted to have a screen in the beginning of the design phase.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts