Range Rovers Forum banner

General Questions/ Potential Issues with My 18 RRS HSE

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Sevn86 
#1 ·
So I recently picked up a CPO 18 RRS HSE and Ive been modifying it over the past few weeks. I love the vehicle.

There are a few things that I’m noticing that may require a visit to the dealership but I wanted to ask here first.

The first being, whenever I try to accelerate from a stop or red light, my vehicle sounds like a 18 wheeler with a heavy load. The engine/ fan gets loud and sounds like it’s under pressure. I hear it over my loud music. Acceleration is slow/ hesitant but If I let go of the accelerator for a quick second and gas it again, the sound goes away. Does anyone have experience with something similar? I understand this vehicle is heavy but it just seems like the V6 is way under powered and sluggish.

The second issue I seem to have is a rough downshift I believe from 3 to 2 or maybe it’s from gears 2 to 1. Is there a software update to this?

During the day, does your switch panel on the driver side door that controls your side mirrors stay lite? Mine is all black and I can’t see what is where. Now if I press down on any area there, whatever function that’s there turns orange and I can see what it is that I’m selecting. That can’t be normal right?

The touch pro duo screens on certain days seem to kick on and boot up quickly at start up and other days the are out of sync and take a little longer to fully boot up. Just the other night, the lower screen stayed black and never turned on and the top screen got stuck and kept displaying the reverse camera/ 360 camera view as I drove. I pulled over and turn off the car and then waited. The screen just stayed that way even after I opened my driver door and got out and locked the car. I got in and turned the vehicle back on and then it reboot and started like normal. Is this a common issue? Any fixes?

Last item that I can’t seem to check is the oil level. There is no dip stick that I could find so I went searching through the menu. I found it but it always says info unavailable. How do I get it to show me my oil level? I’ve tried over 10 different times and keep getting that message.

If anyone knows where I can access TSB’s for our specific vehicle please let me know so I can go through and see what all is out there before I take it into the dealership.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with my questions/ concerns.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the i6 turbo and find it more responsive than my old BMW X5 (and my V8 GMC denali). Does yours have the "auto start/off". You could try disabling it so the engine doesnt shut off at stop signs, etc. I find the engine is more responsive if the mode is disabled (too bad u can't disable it as default but only during the drive).

And no issues like that on mine (but ours is brand new). However, I have noticed the touchscreen is not the most responsive. There's a latency occasionally but not as bad as what u are describing. My wife drives this more and she's never complained.

Reactions: Sevn86
#4 ·
Thank you for sharing your experience. I made an appointment to drop off the vehicle but earliest with loaner car is the 29th. Hopefully they can fix all the little quirks. Yes I always disable the start/ stop feature as soon as the touch screen lets me. So annoying. I wish there was a way to permanently disable it.

#6 ·
So I recently picked up a CPO 18 RRS HSE and Ive been modifying it over the past few weeks. I love the vehicle.
View attachment 294602

There are a few things that I’m noticing that may require a visit to the dealership but I wanted to ask here first.

The first being, whenever I try to accelerate from a stop or red light, my vehicle sounds like a 18 wheeler with a heavy load. The engine/ fan gets loud and sounds like it’s under pressure. I hear it over my loud music. Acceleration is slow/ hesitant but If I let go of the accelerator for a quick second and gas it again, the sound goes away. Does anyone have experience with something similar? I understand this vehicle is heavy but it just seems like the V6 is way under powered and sluggish.

The second issue I seem to have is a rough downshift I believe from 3 to 2 or maybe it’s from gears 2 to 1. Is there a software update to this?

During the day, does your switch panel on the driver side door that controls your side mirrors stay lite? Mine is all black and I can’t see what is where. Now if I press down on any area there, whatever function that’s there turns orange and I can see what it is that I’m selecting. That can’t be normal right?

The touch pro duo screens on certain days seem to kick on and boot up quickly at start up and other days the are out of sync and take a little longer to fully boot up. Just the other night, the lower screen stayed black and never turned on and the top screen got stuck and kept displaying the reverse camera/ 360 camera view as I drove. I pulled over and turn off the car and then waited. The screen just stayed that way even after I opened my driver door and got out and locked the car. I got in and turned the vehicle back on and then it reboot and started like normal. Is this a common issue? Any fixes?

Last item that I can’t seem to check is the oil level. There is no dip stick that I could find so I went searching through the menu. I found it but it always says info unavailable. How do I get it to show me my oil level? I’ve tried over 10 different times and keep getting that message.

If anyone knows where I can access TSB’s for our specific vehicle please let me know so I can go through and see what all is out there before I take it into the dealership.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with my questions/ concerns.
hi. I have been a long time reader. But i registered just to reply to your message.

so i also got a cpo 2018 RRS 2 weeks ago and i am also having the same loud fan problem. Whenever I accelerate i hear the fan sound and it goes away when it shifts up. I have an appointment on Thursday. Lets see what they say.

#7 ·
hi. I have been a long time reader. But i registered just to reply to your message.

so i also got a cpo 2018 RRS 2 weeks ago and i am also having the same loud fan problem. Whenever I accelerate i hear the fan sound and it goes away when it shifts up. I have an appointment on Thursday. Lets see what they say.
Welcome and thank you for posting. Does your RRS feel sluggish as well? Please let me know what you find out. I got an appointment for the 29th. So let’s see what they say when I take it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.