RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished! Took care to grind off any errant welds in the rear spring perches and paint over the bare metal. Very very happy with the way things thing handles. Now I want to reprogram in some new ride profiles. While testing and pressurizing the system I kept going up on the individual springs just to see what would happen, and was presently surprised to see how high they'd go!

Now for setting some new ride heights, in EAS Unlock I was able to get the current heights loaded. I'd like to go up on "high" profile and maybe 1/2 or 1" in standard, but leave highway and access alone. What do the numbers mean? They seem arbitrary - and every corner is a little different. If I were to simply go up '10' on each corner (again, being arbitrary here) what does that translate to? 10mm?

Lastly, are there recommended height settings that take advantage of the extra stretch built into the Gen III? Ie. 2" over stock, etc

IMG_1504 copy.jpg IMG_1501.jpg IMG_1502.jpg
Insurance from that bent nudge bar is to thank for the new Duratracs and springs. Thanks Über! `)

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
The numbers aren't quite arbitrary but they are simply a number between 0 and 255 and relate to the position of the height sensor. They will vary slightly unless you have four absolutely identical height sensors fitted at absolutely the same angle, which isn't going to happen. That's also why no two cars will have exactly the same set of numbers. Your easiest option is going to be to step up each corner by the same amount, measure the heights either from the centre of the wheel (not from the ground) or ideally, between the bumpstop and the chassis. Adjust to get the heights the same, read the heights, make a note of the numbers and then write them to the ECU.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, that explains the differing numbers. I tried to step up each corner and then click "get ride heights" so I could write down exact numbers but that causes EAS Unlock to power cycle the ECU which results in it settling back to it's programmed state. SO my next course of action was to just increase each corner by the exact same amount - presumably this would preserve the disparity between each sensor, just a little higher up... unless the sensors read out logarithmically or something?

Is there a known formula to calculate the sensors numeric value into a height? For instance: an increase of "10" results in x increase in inches.

I'd like to be able to figure out how many inches up I can go in High mode, while still preserving a "top end" buffer of like 2" in case the chassis ever gets grounded.

R

·
0 Posts
for starters... if you have the stock shocks mounted, they will limit the amount of extra height, in wading depth they are allready pretty far towards their max length, if you raise the normal height, there ain't much left for wading height and still have some travel out.

You might allso have to alter the arms of the heightsensor to prevent them from making too large angle

Next, if you put on longer shocks, you should take care of the ABS sensorcable and brakeline, to make sure you won't rip them off going offroad with big articulation...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts