RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where the Gearshift warning indicator lamp is located?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warning for what?
Admittedly i shift based on rpm's. But when looking at the HUD stuff and related dash light indicators, i came across this. Ive never seen this light and was wondering about it.
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 8.06.29 AM.png

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
I have never seen the warning...however if you do hold a gear too long and into the red, the trans will auto upshift for you...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never seen the warning...however if you do hold a gear too long and into the red, the trans will auto upshift for you...
Tks a bunch for the feedback. Have a good one.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
I've never seen that function on any automatic, they don't need a shift reminder. Many manuals have that reminder as a feeble attempt to get folks to shift earlier for better fuel economy.

·
Banned
107 Posts
My SDV8 '14 does this exact thing when you are using the paddles. I drive by ear so never use it as a reference, but it is there as a guide if you want some reassurance I guess?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i came across the gearshift indicator while looking in the manual to try and figure out why i never see the gear info( while in D or S) in the HUD.... I was really trying to see where the gearshift indicator is - dash or HUD - guessing dash - but never see it. Anyhow, not a big deal as I shift on rpm's and engine sound, but was curious as the engine really sounds topped out before i get close to redline and was just looking for the light. no biggie. i know its not a race car😃

1 - 8 of 8 Posts