RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was reversing My 2009 Range Rover HSE (175K Kms), car suddenly switches off. I turned the key to start the car again and the transmission would not shift after gear 1. Luckily was next to my house parking the car. The next morning started the car, drove for 20 minutes around the area, everything seemed fine. I reached home to park the car and the car suddenly stopped again and a threw a few codes:

" Transmission Fault Limited Gears Only ", " Transmission Range Not Available ", " Suspension Fault ", " Check Tail Light "

and most of the signs on the dash popping up like a christmas tree. Am I in trouble or is this a simple battery replace?
I took the car to my friends garage and he quoted me for a new battery, Switch Assy - Ignition and relay, Engine Coolant Bleeding Pipe.
I believe a battery would have been enough but when arrived noticed he had taken down the dash board and was trying to find the issue.
(Note: 7 months earlier the solenoid pin was adjusted on the Switch Assy due to steering column matters, same old key does not turn which was fine...never faced any issues till a couple days back as noted above).

I wanted to ask your thoughts before I proceed tomorrow a.m with ordering a new Switch Assy - Ignition and relay?
And If I need to order can someone please advise where from?

Many thanks for the support.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
688 Posts
I’m betting battery. But then who am I to say. I’m only my first week in my first L322.
But my P38 acted peculiar when it’s battery went low.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Well this is a long shot, but the LR3 L319 platform goes into a craze if the tail lamp is bad or the brake light switch is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts