RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
problems with truck started with gear box eratic changing and no fourth gear then fuel pump packed up new pump fitted and now will select fourth gear now but only if i use kick down at around 50mph on motorway then at about 60mph it selects 4th run diagnostic and found these codes
P0102 and P0103
also p1621
can enyone shed more light on this
thanks peter

·
Registered
701 Posts
What year of rover? The first two P0102 and P0103 are MAF sensor codes. The MAF sensor has been known to cause erratic transmission shifting when it has gone out, or is going out. The other P1621 is an alarm fault I believe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 1996 4.6hse done 112k mls new enginge fitted by LR wich has now done 38k mls
yes you are correct about the codes refering to the maf and alarm all i can find about them is
P0102--mass or volume air flow circuit-low input
P0103--mass or volume air flow circuit-high input
P1621--coms with security ecm not happend within expected time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just to let you all no fixed the truck the maf was shot fitted second hand one from local grave yard reset all adaptive values cleard error codes now running like new well it almost is new after spending a fortune fixing all the problems iv had with this rig but hay its worth every penny RANGE ROVERS ROCK
NOW TAKE NOTE if you think you may save a few quid with a cheap maf copy YOU WONT they are a pile of **** total waste of money THEY DO NOT WORK but if like me you ignore what you read about how crap they are you will like me throw good money away YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

1 - 5 of 5 Posts