RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I am being hyper sensitive but I feel is if there is a problem developing with my gearbox. Done some searchs but not found anything similar.

Some of the downshifts are a little bit slow/jerky, also I often feel the car is not changing up early enough. Almost as if in sport mode.

I remember the dealer telling me if I have a probelm with the box it will either be a slipping or not engaging. Makes me wonder if its a software type problem.

The car has never had an gearbox fluid change.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get this done, a friend has had to fit a new box to his Discovery 3 £££ and I am getting paranoid about every change.

I have had the car maintained by the supplying dealer yet they have never suggested changing the oil. In the same way they never do the corrosion inspections.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I alse have feeling that the car is not changing up early enough, like in a Sport mode.

Soon I'll change a ValveBody module. Will let you know if it will help.
OIL change didn't help me at all.
Change it on 40 000 KM.

So we will see if ValveBody will help.
RR SC 2006.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LR actually say the transmission oil is "filled for life" however, I just changed my fluid recently (due to the fluid cooler becoming clogged and the transmission overheating) and the transmission is a LOT smoother/happier now. Everything I've read says the fluid should be changed at 60,000 miles (~96,500 km) .

Also here's some more info if you hadn't seen it already. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36816

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,358 Posts
Just to point out that you need to be a bit careful when comparing notes as the three of you have completely different transmissions which use different fluids and different oil coolers :

rudseyrover = GM 5L40-E 5-speed transmission

Alexandro = ZF 6HP26 6-speed transmission

tavolcom9 = ZF 5HP24 5-speed transmission

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts