RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought a Range Sport Sport TDv6-2.7 -2006 last week (47.500 km) . A wonderful car to drive in.
Just a question about the gearbox. Its shifts smoothly but when release the gas pedal to take a curve and step on the gas pedal to accelerate I feel a little bump.This happens only below 1000 rpm. Is this normal?

Phyl-NL

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations. Unfortunately you won't find as much info about diesels on our US-based forum, we only get thirsty petrol engines here... You may get more feedback and help from our RRS friends across the pond at http://rrsport.co.uk - plenty of TdV6 and TdV8 owners there.

Some 2005/2006 V8 petrol LR3 and RRS (both normally aspirated and blown engines) did suffer from pretty much identical symptoms as the one you described, and a software upload to recalibrate Engine Control Module or/and Transmission Control Module should fix the problem. LRNA actually issued a TSB about it (see below), although it does not apply to diesel engines it wouldn't surprise me if a similar bulletin and software fix were available for your engine type and VIN from LR in Europe. Check with your dealer, or ask the guys over at rrsport.co.uk. Hope you get it sorted, post pictures of your baby when you can! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't afford a thirsty petrol engine. :oops: . :crybaby2:

Fyi these are the petrol price in the Netherlands
1 US gallon = 3,785 liter
Diesel price = 1.10 Euro per liter --> 4.16 Euro per gallon = 5.95 Dollar per gallon
Petrol = 1.50 Euro per liter--> 5.68 euro per gallon = 8.12 dollar per gallon ( apprx 2.50 dollar in the US ). So i have to ride a diesel :oops: or move to US and buy me a Range supercharged

car prices:
RR Sport TDv6 2.7 HSE = 96.700 euro = 138.281 dollar
RR Supercharged V8 4.2 = 126.700 = 181.181 dollaR

On topic. I went to dealer. its seems be a normal behaviour, nothing to worry about. Will post some pics asap.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I am Italian and remember those prices well. :( I used to drive a diesel VW Rabbit there in the mid 80s! Diesels are gaining popularity here in the States as well, in part because they are so thrifty (even though diesel fuel prices can be just as high as petrol here), and in part because the newer diesels are just as refined, powerful and clean as petrol engines. Good to hear there is nothing wrong with your gearbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts