RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, while in a stationary 1-hour traffic jam yesterday, I left the engine running and, when I eventually got moving, I received a 'Gearbox Overheating' message. I have 8,460 Miles on the dash (2014 SDV8, Vogue). The vehicle lost power, and I pulled to the side. I plugged in the IDTool and the transmission fluid temperature was 144 degrees Celsius. The engine coolant temperature was 94 degrees. I switched off the engine and let the temperature drop to 130 degrees, before easing out again because I was running late for a flight. I did another 9 Miles without incident, and the temperature gradually dropped to 110 degrees. Today, I drove the vehicle 45 Miles in varying traffic, and the transmission fluid temperature ranged 92-95 degrees.

Question: 1. How much damage would a 144-degree 'overheat' cause the transmission, and must I drain and change the fluid and filters now? 2. Is the 'gearbox overheating' an issue that has been flagged anywhere on this model? 3. I am fairly certain there is no blockage in the gearbox cooler or the pipes; and since there is no fault stored in the TCM, would it be wise to dismiss this as a software quirk?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts