RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get my 2005 RR out of low range/gear it’s stuck and I can’t go over 30mph without a loud noise just want to change it to high range/gear help please

·
Registered
497 Posts
Since you describe your mechanical issue as being a 'loud noise', I gather you are not really geared up to work on your car yourself. However I am assuming though that you have correctly concluded the car is stuck in low range. Did you put it in low range and it does not want to go back in high range? Please note that changing from low to high range requires the car to be in neutral.

It could be that the electric motor that drives the shift is stuck/broken. This will require the removal, test and replacement of said motor. Might be best to have a good mechanic look at it.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
90 Posts
Just to be clear too, if your car is stuck in low range and you are attempting to drive on pavement, at any speed but especially fast, you will wind up with a far more expensive repair bill.

Are there any warning lights? Have you checked any codes? Do the hi/lo lights flash when selecting them, or does the car indicate anything at all?

Have you tried going slow and trying to shift on the fly? Otherwise the motor or solenoid on the transfer case could be faulty, or possibly the sensor is bum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to be clear too, if your car is stuck in low range and you are attempting to drive on pavement, at any speed but especially fast, you will wind up with a far more expensive repair bill.

Are there any warning lights? Have you checked any codes? Do the hi/lo lights flash when selecting them, or does the car indicate anything at all?

Have you tried going slow and trying to shift on the fly? Otherwise the motor or solenoid on the transfer case could be faulty, or possibly the sensor is bum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I read the manual book and try it in neutral didn’t work and driving slow and doing it also didn’t work the only light is Air suspension inactive. It drive great just need to get out of off road, I never put it in low from my knowledge I’m not understanding why jus came on

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,378 Posts
I would insert a fuse into position 37 to see if the transfer box shift motor will move to neutral and then remove the fuse and try again for high range. This would at least tell you if the shift motor is functional.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts