RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been a lucky owner for a few years and have gottem some good info off the site, I've also been lucky as to not have any weird problems crop up that I couldn't find an anser too...until today.

I have a 2000 Range 4.6HSE with about 111,000 miles on it and was driving to work today, it's about 6 degrees so it's pretty darn cold out. I noticed that for some reason my Hevac display was dim. I drive a little further and get a "Gearbox Fault" message and a "Traction Control" fault message, there is snow on the ground. I wasn't too far away from home so I turned around. The Hevac display went completely out and the heat stopped, it decided to stop shifting down as well. I turned my headlights off and the display and heat came back on.

I got the car back home and parked it in the garage.

Does this sound like an alternator issue? I just replaced the battery about 1500 miles ago or so ago. I drove it yesterday with not problem at all. After the battery change I've had to mess with the ground in the battery a couple of times, I would go to start it but everything would go dead. I messed with the ground and it would be fine, could this be a cause of the unusual things that are happening?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you have a look at sticky at top of forum it gives a good test procedure to check alternator and earths -
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19563

1 - 3 of 3 Posts